Over the course of a longer period that’s a lot more. I’d better off having a higher initial cost on a better CCTV system than paying £25 a year just to be able to save recordings. 

Look at the Netgear Arlo cctv if you want a dedicated CCTV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well this morning I was moaning to the police about the local heroin addicts causing grief in the area.

Then got home tonight from work at 6.30pm I caught some **** trying to get in my flat. He gave it legs when I challenged him the cnut! I take my R with me to work so I don't think he was after the keys but I'm wondering if the cheeky skags heads have clocked when my car is not there then they know I'm out. But doing it that early in the evening did they really think no one would catch them? Seeing the cops tomorrow to give a statement about the goings-on this morning so I'll give them a reminder about this. But a couple weeks ago in my wife's unit up the road from us one of them nicked a sign. But she drove after him and got it back lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

On 11/01/2019 at 13:12, Juicetin said:

Attempted break in at our house 2 nights ago. The scum x 3 attempted to smash front door lock and handle at 3am, presumably to get at my R.

Anti-snap lock held out (just) and prevented entry to the house. Now seriously considering a Ghost, as well as other home security measures.

Ghost is good but they've already broken into your house, got the keys or smashed their way into the car and done thousands of pounds worth of damage to it before they find they cant get the damn thing running. This all happened to a friend of mine.

best security per pound is a Disklok.

Ghost is good but they've already broken into your house, got the keys or smashed their way into the car and done thousands of pounds worth of damage to it before they find they cant get the damn thing running. This all happened to a friend of mine.
best security per pound is a Disklok.

Disklok won’t stop them breaking in. The majority of people keep the disklok key with their car key rendering it useless.

I had a dislok fitted to my car with key kept separate (both keys hidden) - still got broken into and if it wasn’t for AWG I would have no car.

I had Disklok, didn't deter them at all, I have the impression they don't care about anything, ones round by me have all been seen sticking their fingers up on CCTV. I guess my hesitation with the Ghost is the fact that if they want the car they hold you at knife point to give them the combination. 

I had Disklok, didn't deter them at all, I have the impression they don't care about anything, ones round by me have all been seen sticking their fingers up on CCTV. I guess my hesitation with the Ghost is the fact that if they want the car they hold you at knife point to give them the combination. 

By the time they have figured the car won’t start, you’ll have been on the phone and the rozzers will be en-route.

4 hours ago, slider09 said:

By the time they have figured the car won’t start, you’ll have been on the phone and the rozzers will be en-route.

Good luck expecting the cops to turn up quickly...

I take the view if they’ve busted in and taken keys they probably aren’t bothered about going to the next level, so better they take the car and go than threaten my family. I’m not Chuck Norris and although many people think they are what can you do against three or four guys in your house at 2 in the morning when you’ve just woken up, unless special forces trained?

15 hours ago, slider09 said:

3 police officers for the whole of our borough, with...wait for it...1 squad car. Yes, thats correct, 1 car. I attended a meeting this week. Cuts to our local police force have been drastic. 5 years ago there were 13 officers with 5 cars. 

2 hours ago, Juicetin said:

3 police officers for the whole of our borough, with...wait for it...1 squad car. Yes, thats correct, 1 car. I attended a meeting this week. Cuts to our local police force have been drastic. 5 years ago there were 13 officers with 5 cars. 

Is crime now only 23% of what it was 5 years ago ?

Recently bought a new house and have just changed all the locks for 3 star ones. Basic thing I guess but it's a start

Until they smash the glass like they did to me.

But yes, 3 star will save you a bit of time and breaking the glass is a lot louder than snapping locks.

2 hours ago, slider09 said:

But yes, 3 star will save you a bit of time and breaking the glass is a lot louder than snapping locks.

If they really want in I guess they'll find a way.

5 hours ago, slider09 said:

Lock snapping is pretty rare now. It died down about 3 years ago as most newer locks protect against it. Breaking glass/ prying a window out of an older frame/ prying the frame itself is still the way to go for most of them. Unless your keyless in qhich case they probably wont be coming in.