7 minutes ago, Silk said:

I really dont know why people dont like these. I think they'll grow on people when they get used to them but I've liked them from the start. Certainly worse std wheels out there. 

Their are worse wheels out there but to me they just look too busy , the prets had the elegant simplicity about them. 

12 minutes ago, S4lek said:

Their are worse wheels out there but to me they just look too busy , the prets had the elegant simplicity about them. 

They are busy. Prets are nice but not chunky enough for my tastes and the Spielbergs continue the current VW fashion of complex polished face alloys (Cadiz, Santiago, Austin, Brescia etc).

If it were me, I'd live with them for a bit and maybe stick some spacers on before I rushed to change them, but my like of them is unpopular opinion in these parts! 

22 minutes ago, Silk said:

I really dont know why people dont like these. I think they'll grow on people when they get used to them but I've liked them from the start. Certainly worse std wheels out there. 

If they were standard, I would tend to agree, but they are a £810 option (vs £990 for the prets).

Cadiz 18's are still the standard offering.

All personal choice, of course.

I'm not a fan of VW approach of recent years to offer over fussy diamond cut wheels. They also starting to look a bit tacky and cheap (sorry) and merge into the mass offering of all the other complicated diamond cut wheels out there, plus they kerb for england!  Prets any day of the week over these.  

On 02/05/2017 at 21:09, S4lek said:

Picking up the mk7.5 r next week but not keen on the 19" Spielberg wheels , ex demo car. Anyone fancy swapping their Pretoria's   lol  

stock photo 

IMG_3501.JPG

I would be interested in buying them off you if you wanted to sell them outright.