lapman

Hi guys and girls,

As a previous RS6, MK5 GTI owner and currently a jag owner I've been looking at getting a bit more excitement in driving my car.  Having been out in a couple of the new facelift R's they definitely put the grin back on my face.

Like the look of the new performance pack don't like the Spielberg wheels I'm told it comes with. 

Also can the Akrapovic exhaust be purchased as a dealer fit after purchase, this might help keep the price down.. Top quality but expensive

Good to see this is a very active forum. Looking forward to being a part of it.

Dean

Hi guys and girls,
As a previous RS6, MK5 GTI owner and currently a jag owner I've been looking at getting a bit more excitement in driving my car.  Having been out in a couple of the new facelift R's they definitely put the grin back on my face.

Like the look of the new performance pack don't like the Spielberg wheels I'm told it comes with. 

Also can the Akrapovic exhaust be purchased as a dealer fit after purchase, this might help keep the price down.. Top quality but expensive

Good to see this is a very active forum. Looking forward to being a part of it.

Dean

On the configurator, there's an option for just the titanium exhaust - £2350 - which is a lot!! Strangely, I can't find anywhere else that sells the Akrapovich so it might be a dealer fit only in which case, I wouldn't bother and just go for a decent aftermarket exhaust.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Welcome aboard. If you decide against the Akrapovitch try the BCS Powervalve kit: many recommendations on here from actual users/buyers.  Carey Street awaits!  ;)

Thanks for all the advice. quite a few things to think about.

I been in a few test drives and first impressions are very good but need to drive one properly by myself for a couple of hours or longer.

3 hours ago, camelsac2002 said:

On the configurator, there's an option for just the titanium exhaust - £2350 - which is a lot!! Strangely, I can't find anywhere else that sells the Akrapovich so it might be a dealer fit only in which case, I wouldn't bother and just go for a decent aftermarket exhaust.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I think you are right. I recall reading something about the Akrapovic being a specific joint development between them and VW.

18 hours ago, GazzaMk7R said:

Welcome, I see you have your name down for GTi inters on the Saturday :-) hopefully see you there.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Thanks, Looking forward to going. I'll probably be the only one there in a Jag...

IMG_2158.JPG

Update - the Jag has gone and put a deposit on a White pre facelift MK 7. There is a good chance that it might be the car that advertised here and now sold. (not to me at that time)