Big A

Any APR offers?

Revo got one on till end of July.

Just had stage 1 and DSG, approx. £300 cheaper than APR combined discount price at Awesome (this is versus Mids VW).

Dave

He's winding you up :)

They all about the same - pick the closest and best service. 

If the diff was really 30hp, then no one would buy the shite one.

I haven't seen any real performance stats of the 2 compared on same car.  They all start of different bhp, so they aren't all going to respond the same either. 

Dave 

I have personally seen a 7R make around 371HP on the rollers at VRS. That was supposedly running Revo Stage 2 map. The bloke then added a TTIP and back on the rollers it made 383HP - superb gains there. Then finally he had the APR Stage 2 map flashed and on the same Dyno it did 413HP. So in my experience I have consistently seen APR churn out better numbers than Revo. This can be corroborated by responses to this same topic on FB groups.

But bear in mind this was around 5 months ago. Revo might have done more R&D since then, I do not know. If you want to verify my claim above, I can link you to the owner on the FB UK Mk 7R group. Generally APR maps provide a higher output than Revo. Some might say Revo's maps are conservative and better for longevity etc - but go with what suits you. If you have a local Revo dealer who offers a better price and is more supportive, then go with him.

2 minutes ago, samx300 said:

I have personally seen a 7R make around 371HP on the rollers at VRS. That was supposedly running Revo Stage 2 map. The bloke then added a TTIP and back on the rollers it made 383HP - superb gains there. Then finally he had the APR Stage 2 map flashed and on the same Dyno it did 413HP. So in my experience I have consistently seen APR churn out better numbers than Revo. This can be corroborated by responses to this same topic on FB groups.

But bear in mind this was around 5 months ago. Revo might have done more R&D since then, I do not know. If you want to verify my claim above, I can link you to the owner on the FB UK Mk 7R group. Generally APR maps provide a higher output than Revo. Some might say Revo's maps are conservative and better for longevity etc - but go with what suits you. If you have a local Revo dealer who offers a better price and is more supportive, then go with him.

Fair play!

Dave

11 minutes ago, samx300 said:

Do you think the Revo offering was stage 1?  Seems more consistent with website bollix.

Got me thinking now..........

Dave

1 minute ago, Limey said:

Do you think the Revo offering was stage 1?  Seems more consistent with website bollix.

Got me thinking now..........

Dave

It was definitely Stage 2. The owner never had a chance to put his car on the Dyno after getting the map and the Revo dealer had estimated 385HP so that is why he was surprised to see the results.