Sign in to follow this  
DUB

Side "gills" bumper vinyl sticker

I fitted the front bumper "gills" vinyl stickers/wrap today. Unsure if I should keep them on.

What do you think?

A real pain in the arse to line up and fit (for me anyway!).

Screenshot_20170610-182256.png

Screenshot_20170610-182300.png

Screenshot_20170610-182245.png

24 minutes ago, mickR said:

Few months ago there was a thread about these, many (self included) bought and binned em, ran out of patience 1f600.png

Oh mate, I almost did the same thing!! Lay on the floor messing around with one side for about 10 minutes!!

Other side only took 2 attempts! 😀

4 minutes ago, Jsrmk7r said:

I done mine with a spray mist of soapy water so you can move it around into place then use a squeeze to push the water out and bubbles job done 

IMG_3058.JPG

I used a fine spray of water (not soapy but this would of most likely been better).

I found some of the bubbles didn't want to go. Hoping they evaporate overnight!

I think they look best on a white car 👍

How long have you had them on?

I made my own from some left over wrap I had used on the interior of my  MX-5, using skills picked up on Blue Peter on how to make anything using sticky backed plastic. 

Had them on my white R about a month also black vinyl'd the aluminium strips on the grill. Didn't like them at first but they've grown on me. I think they look good from a distance but a bit naff up close. Jury's still out!

Bought them, couldn't get them lined up properly. Complained, got another set FOC, stuck them on, still wasn't happy and then both sides flew off the first time I jet washed the car. 

Shit.

😂

I applied one side, stood back and thought they looked naff and took them straight off.  They are one of those mods which look great in photo's online but not so much in real life.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Current Donation Goals

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• By ALS391
      WoW crash in Sheffield hope this is nobody on here, whilst looking for this I searched Morrisons vans and there's been dozens of them going over appears to be a very unstable van but worse this car will need a front bumper and given all the bumper thefts in this area I'll have to hide my car at work this week 😟

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/traffic-and-travel/morrisons-van-overturns-in-crash-and-lands-on-parked-car-in-sheffield-street-111272

• By ellixtt
      Been thinking for a while now about smoking out the chrome on my red R but I haven’t seen annnorher examples online, anyone done this yet?

Im not a fan of the fully dechrome blacked out look.

My only worry is the chrome stripe that carry’s in through the headlight will looks misplaced next to the smoked center grill, not sure if it’s accessible to wrap it??
    • By Haych
      Hello all,
      So i finally received my factory ordered Golf R yesterday and have been loving every minute of it 😀.

But since yesterday, i thought there was something about the front of my car which looked different but couldn't quite put my finger on it. it finally dawned on me that the front bumper may not be a R bumper but in fact an R-line bumper!
      The chrome detailing on the air vent (which looks nice IMO) was one indicator that suggested this difference. Another thing i noticed was the engine used to take quite a while to cool down but i though this was common. Because of the long time it took for the engine bay to cool down, i looked at the air vents and realised that they were fake! i was thinking this was detrimental for the engine and may impede airflow. Another difference was this bumper had a sort of honeycomb effect on grille where else a R bumper had a straight lower centre grille. 

I do believe that i have the wrong bumper on the car, as other 2018 models does seem to have a different R bumper. i couldn't believe this as i have always thought the germans car manufacturers had strict quality control especially a large company like VAG.  

I'm not sure what my position is, in regards to the car and what steps i should take going forwards. I waited since over three months for this car and would be a bummer to not finally enjoy it due to a possible error. What do you guys think of the R/R-line hybrid? 😅

• By DUB
      Evening all,

I'm going to attempt to wrap the circular chrome collar around the VW badge.

Could somebody recommended a decent quality vinyl if you have done any wrapping?

I have no idea what the differences are and if i'm just wasting money buying a more expensive product.

Any ebay links would be appreciated if you have them?

Thank you.