Sign in to follow this  
Paradox1

Quickest Rocco??

10 minutes ago, Paradox1 said:

Sounds fun!

I justr want something that will entertain me and that I wont get bored of within a week or two.

Handling mods so far is H&R lowering springs, 4pot Touareg calipers and front & rear roll bars. its struggle to make it understeer lol

May invest In  LSD once remapped though

LSD & Coilovers mate. And really sticky rubber! 

2 minutes ago, invisiblekid said:

LSD & Coilovers mate. And really sticky rubber! 

Ive got DCC on my car so dont want to lose it. the lowering springs are fine for me for now.

Thinking Mfactory or Quaife LSD at some point this year. 

Rubber, im swaying towards nankang NSR2 or federal 595 semi slicks

3 minutes ago, Paradox1 said:

Ive got DCC on my car so dont want to lose it. the lowering springs are fine for me for now.

I had DCC on my last two cars and not only don't I ever miss it, the ride quality is miles better on good coilovers. But I can see the attraction to retaining DCC. For what it's worth I ran H&R springs with DCC on my 6R, but I quickly realised it was a limited set up - even with H&R ARBs and Haldex.

1 hour ago, invisiblekid said:

I had DCC on my last two cars and not only don't I ever miss it, the ride quality is miles better on good coilovers. But I can see the attraction to retaining DCC. For what it's worth I ran H&R springs with DCC on my 6R, but I quickly realised it was a limited set up - even with H&R ARBs and Haldex.

Im yet to take my car on track so maybe it will highlight any issues once i get there. as for on the road I feel they are enough for now. 

Other option is to go with the some KW coilovers which are DCC compatible.

I read up on all this prior to buying and was strongly thinking about a turbo kit looking at the results others have got, however, after seeing how much traction I lost just with a stage 1 tune, I'm just not sure it's worth it now.

Even with the suspension/chassis upgrades it's hard to see the car making use of another 140BHP and 180Nm of torque. In the Golf it's a different story, but they just look so.....ordinary! 

If you have a spare K04 you could get that built up to a hybrid spec fairly cheaply I would imagine. Would be a fun project if you're TSI as well.