LouCyffer

What Warranty claims have you made?

I notice there are often questions related to what are the common issues on the 7R and 7.5R. So I thought I'd start a thread for us to list them.

So, in the first 3 years of the life of your cars, what warranty claims have you submitted to VWUK via dealers that were honoured and rectified.

To kick things off here are mine so far:

1. Coolant leak, new thermostat and water pump fitted

2. Oil leak from oil pressure sensor, new washer fitted

7 minutes ago, rodacollier said:

How did u know?

MK7 Golf R Manual
Uni Stage 2, JB4, Neuspeed DP

Because it was humming, been driving many years so a bit of experience came into play.

Because it was humming, been driving many years so a bit of experience came into play.

Thanks! Mine doesn't hum, but started making more of a hiss or brake disc noise at 16k and the pads are fine. I went ahead and put new Michelin PS4 tires on and no change. I guess a trip to the dealer is inevitable. I haven't had to use warranty yet. I thought these new cars with sealed wheel bearings rarely needed maintenance.

MK7 Golf R Manual
Uni Stage 2, JB4, Neuspeed DP

6 months old  3000 miles

Front seat cover replaced due to sagging

Paint defect on door - to be done yet but agreed under warranty

Front seat cover to be replaced AGAIN - to be done yet but agreed under warranty

Both headlight units(burnt hologram on lens)
Windscreen(seal depressed)
Sseat bolster(foam had given way) which led onto having to have the seat base replaced due to the seat not being able to lock into place correctly
Sunroof(began creaking) 

All fixed, apart from now I have rattles where they fixed the creaking sunroof... gutted, and I have to wait ages for them to fix it too.

On ‎18‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 18:25, Farmermitchell said:

Complete new engine at only 9,000 miles after exhaust cam failure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with you there. New engine at 8000 miles, crank shaft bearing failure on Christmas Eve. Took the dealer 3 months to sort it and I had the joy of a VW Up! as replacement

I'm with you there. New engine at 8000 miles, crank shaft bearing failure on Christmas Eve. Took the dealer 3 months to sort it and I had the joy of a VW Up! as replacement

Really? Mine was in, diagnosed and replaced within 6 working days. VW Leeds.

12 minutes ago, Farmermitchell said:

Really? Mine was in, diagnosed and replaced within 6 working days. VW Leeds.

Inchcape Twickenham, couldn't diagnose a cold if you sneezed on them. Franchised garage desperate to get the funds from VW before they would replace the engine. Wouldn't take my calls, accused me of aggressive behaviour (all the guys at work had a laugh at that one, I am Mr Nice Guy). Really didn't know what to do if their diagnostics laptop couldn't come up with a solution. It was obvious to anyone that a bearing had failed just by listening to the engine at idle.

Anyway, car is back and running fine. If it does break again might just take it to Leeds