What Warranty claims have you made?

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for all your help guys, my car has  today been confirmed as having a major paint defect and VW are ordering me a replacement . I’m not a paint expert and this means nothing to me but apparently

When is a warranty not a warranty?   When its a VW Warranty...

Glad to hear they solved the riddle plus you got a new rear shock.   It is incredible how car noises seem to come from one place but end up coming from somewhere else. Who would have suspected an A-pi

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

I had an intermittent “error corner light AFS” come up on dash over last year 

only when lights in “auto” mode and when headlights were  on

it would reset when car came to stop and left light beam would raise and lower

never an issue when headlights off or switched on manually

obdeleven said it was left headlight adjustments motor

dealer confirmed what obdeleven app said And replaced the headlight motor last week under warranty 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 23/01/2021 at 19:31, SELOC said:

Anyone had issues with door seals??

one of my rear door seals rights at the top is always wet (no jokes please 😂).

could be the door alignment, would have taken it in to get locked at but COVID has stopped that.

Yep me too. Door adjustment 👍 panroof surround cracked and replaced.  Personal opinion I think they crack due to cars having 19s with no DCC. I know of 3 others that has had same issue under the same spec. Coincidence? Maybe. 
rattles from rear seats. Did my head in!

Actuator vibration sometimes. Sound vibration.  
sold now😅

I had the dreaded creaking on the front suspension and it was getting worse. Took it in a few weeks ago and in fairness they actually fixed it, which surprised me 😀 Anti-Roll Bard Links replace.

Plus they fixed the (well documented) 'performance monitor' software glitches with an update for the Head Unit. So all in all a worth while trip 👍

• 2 weeks later...

I have two months to go and nothing to claim apart from the rusty hubs which I understand are not really warranty but they will usually do them to shut up the customer. That said, my mate who is an Audi master tech said "you could do them better yourself using heat resistant paint"!

I asked about the creaking suspension from the front and back of my R and i got told its 'like that because its got stiffer suspension with it being an R' ..... yeaaaaah 🤥

16 hours ago, ChazR said:

I asked about the creaking suspension from the front and back of my R and i got told its 'like that because its got stiffer suspension with it being an R' ..... yeaaaaah 🤥

Is this at the local main dealer down on Saxon Way? I’d go back if so & mention the TSB about this. They fixed my creaky front suspension a couple of years ago so it’s not as if they are unaware.

On 12/06/2021 at 07:12, LouCyffer said:

Is this at the local main dealer down on Saxon Way? I’d go back if so & mention the TSB about this. They fixed my creaky front suspension a couple of years ago so it’s not as if they are unaware.

Hi mate yes it was, I'm going to try ring them and talk to them about it as it is starting to get quite annoying now.

On 14/06/2021 at 08:14, ChazR said:

Hi mate yes it was, I'm going to try ring them and talk to them about it as it is starting to get quite annoying now.

Mention the technical service bulletin. It’s a known issue with the front. If you struggle, ask to speak to the Workshop Manager. He knows me & my car well. Tell him you know a guy with a blue R that had his creaks fixed under warranty, under the TSB fix. Tell him it’s the guy that always leaves biscuits in the boot at service time, and never lets them wash the car. Tell him I’m in for service today.
Any further trouble, pm me when you hit 25 posts and I’ll help if I can. I can give you the part number for the particular grease used on the joints

2 hours ago, LouCyffer said:

Mention the technical service bulletin. It’s a known issue with the front. If you struggle, ask to speak to the Workshop Manager. He knows me & my car well. Tell him you know a guy with a blue R that had his creaks fixed under warranty, under the TSB fix. Tell him it’s the guy that always leaves biscuits in the boot at service time, and never lets them wash the car. Tell him I’m in for service today.
Any further trouble, pm me when you hit 25 posts and I’ll help if I can. I can give you the part number for the particular grease used on the joints

Thanks a lot mate, will give them a ring today!