Jump to content

What Warranty claims have you made?


Recommended Posts

On 30/06/2017 at 05:19, alexretro said:

1. Haldex pump replaced
2. Rear shocks
3. Roof corrosion
4. Seatbelt pretensioner
5. Heater matrix flap motor
Thats last 14mts. Pretty sure I've missed something emoji23.pngemoji23.png

That's a fair bit of repairs for a premium car not that old or is it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for all your help guys, my car has  today been confirmed as having a major paint defect and VW are ordering me a replacement . I’m not a paint expert and this means nothing to me but apparently

Glad to hear they solved the riddle plus you got a new rear shock.   It is incredible how car noises seem to come from one place but end up coming from somewhere else. Who would have suspected an A-pi

Just had the lower suspension mounts greased, due to noticeable creaking during low speed manoeuvres. I was told that there is a technical service bulletin regarding this. And the grease works a treat

Posted Images

On 03/08/2017 at 18:43, jaRed deas said:

As above, Thermostat housing (Didn't fix the leak so they also replaced the water pump) 

Coolant bottle

Drivers side window switch (Intermittent fault with the auto Up/Down.)

Rear windscreen as DAB would switch off when the rear window heater was turned on (Aerial is part of the rear window)

Glove box

Wing mirror plastics as it would squeak on a sunny day every time it was locked

 

Heard water pump leakage being a repeated issue with the R. I have the 7.5. I hope it stays good. It is not very reassuring on a supposedly premium Car like this. One expects this more on more cheaper more common cars. But on a VW GOLF R? Makes me think about it twice buyingvanother one

Edited by Rainer
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
On 07/04/2022 at 01:14, Rainer said:

Heard water pump leakage being a repeated issue with the R. I have the 7.5. I hope it stays good. It is not very reassuring on a supposedly premium Car like this. One expects this more on more cheaper more common cars. But on a VW GOLF R? Makes me think about it twice buyingvanother one

My 2017 GTI (7.5) had the water pump replaced a week after the factory warranty expired. Fortunately, I signed up for VW’s ‘All In’ scheme + 2yr warranty and it was replaced without problems. Would have cost about £700 if I’d been paying for it!

 

I’ve subsequently gone for the ‘All In’ scheme on the R. With the services and MOT’s it’s paying for itself, let alone if the coolant module throws its toys…

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Had my wheels refurbed under warranty at 3 years to cure white-worm and again last week because the corrosion was coming back.
So, my wheels now look like new on a 5 year old car.
And they fitted Michelin PS5 tyres with a price-match offer and free fitting under goodwill.  Only cost me £316 for all 4!!!
Very happy with my local VW dealer.

 

Oh, and in the first 3 years a replaced multi media screen (failed pixels and random turning off), rear boot drain bung, bonnet release cable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...


35,000 miles, 67 plate, Mk7.5: New DSG gearbox assembly.

 

Took for routine annual service which featured a single recall “Gearbox control unit DQ381 update”.

 

After collecting the vehicle, a dashboard warning message for “gearbox fault” appeared.

 

Returned to dealer who then quoted the recall instructions sheet: following the appearance of the fault message, following update, requires a completely new DSG gearbox!

 

Without car for 4 weeks and also no courtesy car.

 

Luckily: “**THIS IS A COPY OF WARRANTY WORK CARRIED OUT ON THE ABOVE VEHICLE WHICH HAS BEEN DONE FREE OF CHARGE **”.

 

This only came about through sticking to a service schedule with the main dealer. There was no obvious sign of problems, since functionality of the DSG had been consistent with no prior dashboard messages.

 

I’m extremely relieved VW covered all costs. I didn’t even need to use my extended warranty. On the other hand, I’ve lost confidence in the quality of the vehicle and the potential costs that can be incurred when something goes wrong with a Golf R…

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DSGrecall said:


35,000 miles, 67 plate, Mk7.5: New DSG gearbox assembly.

 

Took for routine annual service which featured a single recall “Gearbox control unit DQ381 update”.

 

After collecting the vehicle, a dashboard warning message for “gearbox fault” appeared.

 

Returned to dealer who then quoted the recall instructions sheet: following the appearance of the fault message, following update, requires a completely new DSG gearbox!

 

Without car for 4 weeks and also no courtesy car.

 

Luckily: “**THIS IS A COPY OF WARRANTY WORK CARRIED OUT ON THE ABOVE VEHICLE WHICH HAS BEEN DONE FREE OF CHARGE **”.

 

This only came about through sticking to a service schedule with the main dealer. There was no obvious sign of problems, since functionality of the DSG had been consistent with no prior dashboard messages.

 

I’m extremely relieved VW covered all costs. I didn’t even need to use my extended warranty. On the other hand, I’ve lost confidence in the quality of the vehicle and the potential costs that can be incurred when something goes wrong with a Golf R…

 

 

 

 

This seems to be common that after the software update the DSG then flags up as needing replacing even though it has showed no signs prior to this.

 

I am thinking may be the software update is flagging problems that aren't real.

 

Glad you got sorted BUT 4 weeks and no courtesy car i would be looking to sell when warranty runs out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MJC1216 said:

Glad you got sorted BUT 4 weeks and no courtesy car i would be looking to sell when warranty runs out.

I follow your train @MJC1216 …..but if a VW warranty, of some sort,  can still be kept in place, then the worst of any failures are covered.

Also.  One of the worst “failures” the DSG has been rectified - so arguably a better proposition to keep.

Rarely a good idea to act in great haste.  Better to carefully think it thru…..

If you lose faith in a car tho it’s best to move it on. 

That said , I’ve never been truly happy without a warranty in place since buying a 3yo. Black VOLVO 480ES Turbo Auto (please stop sniggering) back in 1994.   The Gearbox was replaced under warranty, after a scrap, but it probably cost about 45% what the car cost.   I got shot of it just as the warranty was expiring😂. Learned a lesson.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Right headlight housing (47,000km)
  • both front wheel bearings (47,000km)
  • thermostat housing (47,000km)
  • battery (52,000km)

Currently coolant is leaking again and CEL/misfires (I'm at ~90,000km but have extended warranty), so more to be added to that list lol. They said the coolant is due to some bracket seal, the CEL is from a dead O2 sensor, and the misfires they won't diagnose until I get carbon cleaning done. Waiting on parts to come in for the coolant and o2 sensor.

Edited by Ecsta
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Current Donation Goals

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...