rosscoe63

disable start stop...without recoding :-)

i hope this isn't a repeat..Ive searched and don't think it is......

....but an easy trick to permanently disable the very annoying start stop thing is to unplug the little connector thing that sits on the battery :-)  (its connected on the left hand side of the battery closest to the bulk head). Its the sensor that monitors a battery condition for the function, and if its not connected it defaults to off :-) works a treat :-)

no error messages, nothing. I have a very good friend who is a master tech at VW and a bit of a car genius too........he did it without me knowing! Its a simple little plug and if he tells me that its only there to inform the start stop function then I absolutely trust him.

Sounds good :)

On the mnaual, I dont mind the Stop-Start, as its easy to control. But on a DSG I would be very keen to try this. As when driven various Auto's with Stop/Start it bordered on dangerious when the car cuts out while waiting in a juntion etc.

11 minutes ago, marshy said:

You have vcds Sean?

Yes kev and VCP / Odis

On the RS3 raising the Voltage worked to disable it, however on the FL R it doesn't.....

It can be turned off in the engine module but there is no way at the moment to disable the error warning in the active info display.

A retro-fitter friend of mine has developed a module that fits behind the switch, he's sending one to me so i can test fit on the face lift.......

Apparently it disables S/S and there is no S/S not available symbol in the dash either, but it can be switched back on by pressing the button for dealer visits etc......

On 2017-6-20 at 21:59, rosscoe63 said:

i hope this isn't a repeat..Ive searched and don't think it is......

....but an easy trick to permanently disable the very annoying start stop thing is to unplug the little connector thing that sits on the battery :-)  (its connected on the left hand side of the battery closest to the bulk head). Its the sensor that monitors a battery condition for the function, and if its not connected it defaults to off :-) works a treat :-)

Thanks for the info 👍