GE90

Helix Audio Upgrade Fitted - REALLY IMPRESSED

5 minutes ago, SpursMadDave said:

I would contact AudiotecFischer directly for a replacement one, the boot mounted one is not the same as the spare wheel one I think, it's less powerful as it was designed for the Polo, I've had both and the spare wheel one sounded so much better. Also it's not an Amp it's a DSP emoji39.png
Good luck sourcing a spare you may be better off just looking for a 2nd hand one, you could try a spare wheel one if that's all you can find but it may blow the speakers long term I'm not sure about the differences tbh

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

It is the same.

I have just had someone try and scam me on ebay for a wheel well one which arrived with a faulty DSP (will only power with head unit on and DSP unplugged and replugged) and a blown sub.  I swapped the DSP with boot box to confirm that sub was blown and part numbers are the same.  Suspect the wheel sounds better due to the internal resonation and more enclosed area in boot.  In terms of Scam, I paid £120 posted and he made the mistake of offering a partial refund of £110 which I accepted as under ebay terms a partial refund means I don't need to return the item......so now just need to find a spare sub and DSP!  

I believe that the DSP is also an AMP as it has a 480w rating. 

I have been in touch with AudiotecFisher and were helpful in the fact that they supply a replacement loom for €99 but don't supply the subs (can buy a pair of MATCH PP 72W-D which are compatible, but I only need one.  I suspect that the DSP will be not available seperately and will have to buy the £400 Match equivalent!

It is the same.

I have just had someone try and scam me on ebay for a wheel well one which arrived with a faulty DSP (will only power with head unit on and DSP unplugged and replugged) and a blown sub.  I swapped the DSP with boot box to confirm that sub was blown and part numbers are the same.  Suspect the wheel sounds better due to the internal resonation and more enclosed area in boot.  In terms of Scam, I paid £120 posted and he made the mistake of offering a partial refund of £110 which I accepted as under ebay terms a partial refund means I don't need to return the item......so now just need to find a spare sub and DSP!  

I have been in touch with AudiotecFisher and were helpful in the fact that they supply a replacement loom for €99 but don't supply the subs (can buy a pair of MATCH PP 72W-D which are compatible, but I only need one.  I suspect that the DSP will be not available seperately and will have to buy the £400 Match equivalent!

Cheers!

I did wonder if it was maybe the mib2 unit I had back then in my previous R as it wasnt a Pro unit, must have been a less powerful amp in that maybe?

Yeah might be tricky to just get the DSP on its own as you say but good to kniw they are interchangeable

Cheers!

I did wonder if it was maybe the mib2 unit I had back then in my previous R as it wasnt a Pro unit, must have been a less powerful amp in that maybe?

Yeah might be tricky to just get the DSP on its own as you say but good to kniw they are interchangeable

I had a base model R and i think the head unit was weaker, because my wife's new e-Golf has the latest head unit and the jump in performance from that to the Helix spare tire sub setup wasn't that big. Still sounded much better, But not as big a difference from when I installed it in my Golf R.

I believe this is the aftermarket replacement amp that is basically a re-branded version of hours from audio tech Fisher :

https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/match/amplifiers/

i’m pretty sure it’s the PP62 that is the same as ours (but I would check with them) :

c26330ef456c6063fe355cad601a007a.png

Also, you can order a direct replacement from audio tech Fisher like I did. I think they gave me a pretty fair discount of 30to40% after I explained that it died just out of warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I had a base model R and i think the head unit was weaker, because my wife's new e-Golf has the latest head unit and the jump in performance from that to the Helix spare tire sub setup wasn't that big. Still sounded much better, But not as big a difference from when I installed it in my Golf R.

I believe this is the aftermarket replacement amp that is basically a re-branded version of hours from audio tech Fisher :

https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/match/amplifiers/

i’m pretty sure it’s the PP62 that is the same as ours (but I would check with them) :

c26330ef456c6063fe355cad601a007a.png

Also, you can order a direct replacement from audio tech Fisher like I did. I think they gave me a pretty fair discount of 30to40% after I explained that it died just out of warranty.

Yes they are extremely good, I fitted a Helix to a Roc and the DSP had blown (another eBay buy)
The owner got a refund from the seller and was told to not bother returning the item. I said to her to try Auditec and they sent her a brand new unit, not sure if she had to return the old one or how much she had to pay but I fitted it and worked perfectly

3 hours ago, jrw said:

It is the same.

JRW I have a spare wheel sub but no amp if your interested mate

i purchased a dynaudio sub and tried to convert it but it sounded shit 

so it’s a available if your interested 

male me a offer 

5 minutes ago, Carlos215 said:
3 hours ago, jrw said:

It is the same.

male me a offer 

So you have the wheel sub with speakers in? What about the wiring loom?

Yes they are extremely good, I fitted a Helix to a Roc and the DSP had blown (another eBay buy)
The owner got a refund from the seller and was told to not bother returning the item. I said to her to try Auditec and they sent her a brand new unit, not sure if she had to return the old one or how much she had to pay but I fitted it and worked perfectly

Good deal!

thanks all, i have emailed AudiotecFisher so I will await their reply. Happy to buy a used helix dsp/amp set up but I can't find one. I want the lazy option of leaving the wiring harness and sub alone and just replace the dsp/amp.

cheers

2 hours ago, Carlos215 said:
5 hours ago, jrw said:

It is the same.

male me a offer 

Hi there 

Just a reminder that if you are likely to be selling parts on the forum we kindly request that you do so through our dedicated Classifieds section rather than offering things in the open forum.  You’ll need 50 posts to sell and 25 posts to buy.  

Classifieds is set up to provide a more secure means of trading for our members and we ask all members to conduct their business through that channel. 

Many thanks 

After adding a Helix,  bass was so much improved but still felt the highs and midrange were lacking a bit of punch. Also added a two channel set of these from Layered Sound. 

http://layeredsound.com/car_en.html

Transformed the sound stage and brought vocals to life. Different is night and day when you switch it on and off while listening. Maybe could have gone all the way with the 4 channel set. If you're adding a Helix and have some extra cash then these are worth it to round off the system. 

On 09/07/2020 at 14:31, jrw said:

It is the same.

Is this proven that a faulty DSP causes this issue? With it needing disconnecting   and reconnecting to work?

Any idea what component fails and if the faulty component can be replaced?

12 minutes ago, Daveleach said:

Is this proven that a faulty DSP causes this issue? With it needing disconnecting   and reconnecting to work?

Any idea what component fails and if the faulty component can be replaced?

Looking online at other forums it seems so. Wish I knew which component was faulty as I bet its an easy and cheap fix. 

28 minutes ago, jrw said:

Looking online at other forums it seems so. Wish I knew which component was faulty as I bet its an easy and cheap fix. 

I’ve seen the issue on a couple of forums but never a definitive answer.

and I agree it’s gotta be a cheap fix!

is there anyone who repairs these dsps?

This post https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/helix-p-p-installation-issues.351052/

has same issue