NISSAN GTR to GOLF R MK7, NEED SOME HELP

Hi guys, am new here was not sure where to post, i have a few questions i wanted to ask, I previously had a nissan gtr but thought id take a break from big cars for a bit and try the "hyped" golf r MK7, got to say, it has surprised me, i got a few questions that id like to ask.

I am power hungry.

I heard of APR stage 1, I just wanted to know a few things. 

Where can i get this done? Is it safe? In the past i have modded my evo and that was bullet proof, what are the risks for a stage 1? I would like to get this done asap, who would be the best and most reliable mapper.

I have these "pace" style indicators on the car, how can i change this to audi style  that goes across slowly. Who does this tweak?

I took the car off the forecourt and realised i get an airbag error, my car is Feb 2015 , should i just take it to VW ? Is it still under their warranty?

If someone could point me on where to go for the following that would be great, im located in bedfordshire, i dont mind travelling if it means the differnce in quality

Thanks

Vcds coding can switch the indicators back. You can't get sweeping but you can buy a box which plugs in which delays the outer light making it look like it - as close as you get.

Warranty should cover any airbag issues.

Stage 1 - get airbag sorted first and then get it done. Apr, revo, etuners, mrc to name a few. All very similar and you'll live it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks neg for your swift response. 

Are there any tuners who have stand out more than others? For example for the GTR Lichfield were the place to go to. 

I just want to get the map done from someone who would assure me of safety and quality, Ideally the closer to me the better but i dont mind driving out if nothing is close to bedfordshire.

Should be plenty of APR and Revo dealers. Sheffield maybe a little too far but Statllers are very well spoken about. I go out my way a little to go there.
I know others with APR and I've had Revo and etuners myself. All pretty good - if you plan on going no further, if you do then something custom might be better like etuners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Faz

As Neg says , i think think are all quite similar at stage 1

I've got APR stage 1 high output and had the DSG remapped as well, made a huge difference.

You can go low output map if you don't want to get the dsg mapped (yet!!)

You will deffo need to get the dsg mapped if you go to stage 2

I used Regal in Southampton 

👍

6 hours ago, Speedkng668 said:

I heard APR is more reliable than the Revo software, is this just a myth or is there some truth behind that?

If you want the best and most advanced R&D in the business the place to look is APR

Take look at their US website and facilities

They are the biggest VAG tuner worldwide and support VW factory teams and privateers.

They are constantly improving their maps following customer feedback. Yes they cost more but there are good reasons.

When the likes Regal Motorsport and now Kim Collins use them at QST an MTM dealer it speaks volumes.

I had APR high torque file with TCU tune VWR intake and it's a reliable 380bhp and 390lbs day in day out and I also track the car.

Free software upgrade if you go Stage 2 using their DP.

Thats where I am now as Inwanted better FMIC and more torque for track so it's now sitting 405- 415 with 430lbs+ !!

Revo I think have been playing catch up.

You will need a brake upgrade at this point but I guess you'll know that already!

Get to Awesome in Manchester and get it sorted or look at their agents for APR. If it's my car I know what I'd want 😁

7 hours ago, Speedkng668 said:

Hi guys, am new here was not sure where to post, i have a few questions i wanted to ask, I previously had a nissan gtr but thought id take a break from big cars for a bit and try the "hyped" golf r MK7, got to say, it has surprised me, i got a few questions that id like to ask.

I am power hungry.

I heard of APR stage 1, I just wanted to know a few things. 

Where can i get this done? Is it safe? In the past i have modded my evo and that was bullet proof, what are the risks for a stage 1? I would like to get this done asap, who would be the best and most reliable mapper.

I have these "pace" style indicators on the car, how can i change this to audi style  that goes across slowly. Who does this tweak?

I took the car off the forecourt and realised i get an airbag error, my car is Feb 2015 , should i just take it to VW ? Is it still under their warranty?

If someone could point me on where to go for the following that would be great, im located in bedfordshire, i dont mind travelling if it means the differnce in quality

Thanks

I too have come from an array of Evo's, I have yet to map mine but am swaying towards Revo as there is a dealer very closer to me. For stage 1 I can't see it making a difference really who you go to as long as they support one of the premium tuning maps.

Keep us updated to who you choose.

1 hour ago, Msportman said:

If you want the best and most advanced R&D in the business the place to look is APR

Take look at their US website and facilities

They are the biggest VAG tuner worldwide and support VW factory teams and privateers.

They are constantly improving their maps following customer feedback. Yes they cost more but there are good reasons.

When the likes Regal Motorsport and now Kim Collins use them at QST an MTM dealer it speaks volumes.

I had APR high torque file with TCU tune VWR intake and it's a reliable 380bhp and 390lbs day in day out and I also track the car.

Free software upgrade if you go Stage 2 using their DP.

Thats where I am now as Inwanted better FMIC and more torque for track so it's now sitting 405- 415 with 430lbs+ !!

Revo I think have been playing catch up.

You will need a brake upgrade at this point but I guess you'll know that already!

Get to Awesome in Manchester and get it sorted or look at their agents for APR. If it's my car I know what I'd want 1f601.png

I'm in total agreement with you Msportsman.