Tyre Choices

My R has P Zero's fitted from factory and I'm really not sure they suit the car. I'm on 19" prets. On the Pirelli web site they are described as sports saloon tyres and not the more performance orientated tyres they have.

I have the pressures set to 36 psi, it just feels a bit wooly sometimes, like the tyres are moving around under the car. Does not inspire confidence when on a twisty road and the turn in isn't very sharp.

Wondered what other peoples experiences are. I think up till I got my car (Feb this year) Continentals were supplied.

Its the one thing about this Golf that I'm not gelling with. Just feels too much like a fast saloon than a hot hatch. Contemplating selling the Pirelli's and fitting Conti 6's or PSS's and driving around with the suspension in race mode.

I've had the Conti 6 and PSS on other cars and both felt great, the PSS especially. Its not like these P Zeros are crap tyres, they should feel great. I've also found that upping the psi just makes the car judder over bumps, which it does to an extent anyway.

Apologies if this topic has been discussed to death before! 

Agreed PS4S tyres are about the best you can get for a non-tracked 7R on 19" at the moment. But before you spend any dosh try the PZeros at 38-39 psi and if you have DCC set it in Normal not Comfort. Long shot but might just suit you enough...

37 minutes ago, carbyfed said:

Do yourself a favour the PS4S now supersedes the PSS. They're unreal and thats coming from a Conti fan boy.

ad6f4cf076a3e653122958ae605e98cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I now want those brakes! Must not modify, think of the warranty! I had considered the PS4's, heard good reviews.

26 minutes ago, Leo9 said:

Agreed PS4S tyres are about the best you can get for a non-tracked 7R on 19" at the moment. But before you spend any dosh try the PZeros at 38-39 psi and if you have DCC set in in Normal not Comfort. Long shot but might just suit you enough...

I'll give it a go, thanks.