is the R noisy under bonnet?

Hi maybe its me but after 2 issues since buying my car new with both sorted it made me lose confidence in it, which i guess is natural. Have had the annoying limp mode problem after only 500miles which was a faulty injector and more recently corner light error .  The cars still under 3000miles nearly a yr old not had 1st service yet 

and wanted to check under bonnet just to have an inspection of everything, have warmed the car up and noticed with bonnet up car seems quite ticky? which is hardly noticable with bonnet down owing to i guess the sound deadening . Anyone else thought this on the R? i think it sounds more like a diesel than a petrol! 

have to say not really an issue when in car or driving but think since the limp mode and a seed of doubt over VW dealers am a little paranoid.

cheers mj

Yup - mine's ticky too as were most of my Leons - all normal. 3000 miles and nearly a year old??!! Mine's coming up to 18 months and has 18000 ish miles. Once the oil is up to temperature, it gets used like it's supposed to and left to idle for a few minutes whilst I sort my work wheels out. Oil change every 10,000 miles and so far, no probs.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Ticky here too. On 4k miles now. I used to have a MK5 gti and a MK1 TT, both had the same issue and it was the cam follower driving the fuel pump, looks like a thimble, wore almost right through. Both cars were high milers though, I changed the cam followers which helped.

I'd suggest its probably a similar thing in the R, not an issue just the design of the engine. Once these cars are hitting 100k then it'll be something that needs addressing.

I wouldn't say the R is as refined as I was expecting and it is quite noisy with the bonnet up. Mine also ticks, sometimes you can hear the belt going if you stand on the passenger side of the bonnet.. I found adding some fresh coolant helped the car to settle and I've got into the habit of doing oil changes more frequently than the service schedule suggests. 

A previous TSi engined car that I had a problem rattle with in engine bay and was told by Seat technician 'It's the fuel pump, they all do it'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
On some earlier Tsi engines, the fuel pump follower would wear - it was a common thing that VW sorted on the later engines. You could tell they were wearing as one part of the follower would show wear by discolouring.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk