JonathanP

Distorting door pillar speakers following helix installation .

Hi guys. I'm having tweeter issues following a self installed helix box. The tweeters seem to distort when I get above 40% volume. Could this be down to lack of programming or a wiring issue ?

Edited by JonathanP

No programming has been done yet. Just curious as some suggest it comes with file for golf hatchback. Is this a typical problem prior to programming ?

I used the instructions that came with the box.

Edited by JonathanP

I have yet to install my system, but have bought the genuine programming box, having read on some forums that although VW state their units are pre-programmed for the Golf, this is not the case and the sound is far better when tuned. Other members on here have actually done the install and I'm sure are better qualified to advise. Where are you located, I'm happy to let you use my tuning box if nearby. Good luck:afro:

6 hours ago, Moose92 said:

Long shot, it's an old topic. Does anyone still have one of these dongles? I'm in S Yorkshire. Thanks. 

Hi, yes, Many members have used mine. I can post today, perhaps leave some contact details on here, as being a new member I don’t think you can PM. 

Cheers