Terryw New member - mk7 help please

Hello - new member here.  Could anyone please advise?

I have a MK7 R with DSG - about 6 months old.  I just want to know if there is a shortcut to getting out of Sport Mode - other than going to the Mode button & going through the modes & re-selecting say Normal or ECO.  Reason I ask is that it's a simple tap backwards on the shifter to get it into Sport but can't find a simple way to go back to "non sport".   Hope I've put it in reasonably understandable way.

Also, anybody out there could tell me how to use the heater - without putting the Aircon on?

Have looked at the manual but it's still unclear.

Thanks for any advice.

As Taz says, a brief pull back on the gear lever will change between sport/drive. If not already done so, there's an excellent thread on here by Belfast Col that gives a great insight into how to get the best out of DSG. Took me about 2 weeks of reading and practice before I appreciated what it could do.:afro:

Thanks Taz & Mick R - as I was writing the question I was wondering if that was the solution.   I'll give it a go.

Any advice about the heating system - without putting the Aircon on ?

BR

terry W

I very rarely put the A/C on, I just open the windows for a bit or the sunroof. But as I said I think in a year I've probably only had the A/C on for a maximum of 1hr in total.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Modern HVAC systems are designed to be on continuous.

most are no longer just air con.

they actively remove moisture that sensors within the cabin detect.

also, a lot of modern systems activate by themselves even when set to off.

apart from all that it is really bad prictive not having air con on as it can really bugger up the system, seals dry out, you get leaks etc.

4 hours ago, TerryW said:

Hello - new member here.  Could anyone please advise?

I have a MK7 R with DSG - about 6 months old.  I just want to know if there is a shortcut to getting out of Sport Mode - other than going to the Mode button & going through the modes & re-selecting say Normal or ECO.  Reason I ask is that it's a simple tap backwards on the shifter to get it into Sport but can't find a simple way to go back to "non sport".   Hope I've put it in reasonably understandable way.

Also, anybody out there could tell me how to use the heater - without putting the Aircon on?

Have looked at the manual but it's still unclear.

Thanks for any advice.

Hi, I've taken the liberty of adding to your original thread title to give a bit more idea of what the thread is about.  ☺️

2 hours ago, TerryW said:

Thanks Taz & Mick R - as I was writing the question I was wondering if that was the solution.   I'll give it a go.

Any advice about the heating system - without putting the Aircon on ?

BR

terry W

From my experience i keep the climate control system on "auto" and "sync" the selected tempreture. This will automatically turn on the "A/C" when this happens, just push "a/c" button to turn it off.  Then from that point onwards just push "off" button to turn system on and off when you need some heat/cool air.  A/C should only come on when you press it.

Hope that helps.

Hi Mick,

Thanks to all who have contributed.   Mick - nothing specific except that (probably very last year) you used to be able to have the car heated without turning on the Aircon which in itself consumes a fair amount of  power & can prevent the Start/Stop from operating (some on here might welcome that !!)   I just wanted to know if the heating & aircon could be used separately.   Hope this is making sense.

Thanks everybody !

BR

Terryw