Sign in to follow this  
admin

Article ::Tiguan R anyone?

*Courtesy of VW Vortex - See the full article and more pics here

Spy pics of a Tiguan testing in Germany! And, despite the fact that there’s very little in the way of camouflage, this may be one of the Volkswagen Group’s most mysterious test cars!

Whereas it usually goes for dazzle camo, VW has this time decided to go with conflicting information. What you see is clearly a Tiguan body, that much is clear, but what isn’t so clear is why there are so many Audi bits attached to it.

Those oval tailpipes? Pure Audi Sport. The wheels? Audi. The Ingolstadt license plate is another Audi hallmark. And finally, the engine, we’re told, has the distinct sound of an inline 5.

We’ve known that a Tiguan was testing with Audi’s engine since late August when a video emerged of the car testing at the Nurburgring. Back then, we thought it might be because the Tiguan would get that engine, but now the online consensus seems to be that this is an RS Q3 wearing an elaborate disguise.

VW-Tiguan-R-6.jpg

It wouldn’t be the first time that the VW Group went to such lengths. Volkswagen dressed up Atlas test cars like Jeeps and Kias when they were testing. They didn’t own the badges, though, so they couldn’t fully commit to the camo. With both vehicles owned by the same group, it could be that Audi just decided to follow through.

It does make sense, meanwhile, that VW would plug a Golf R engine into a Tiguan R since the engine fits the chassis. Audi has been working with its Group-mates lately, though. Audi and Porsche have been using the same twin-turbo V6 and twin turbo V8 a lot lately, so the idea of the brand sharing its engine with VW isn’t farfetched.

VW-Tiguan-R-9.jpg

Notice the giant oval pipes make another appearance on a potential VW R...

Whatever the case, we’ll continue to follow this story as it develops.

View full article

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Current Donation Goals

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• By Gsolid
      I have recently upgraded my 2015 R manual folding mirrors to original electric ones taken off a 2016 R.  the mirrors and switch are all original parts, the install was pretty easy and I have successfully got the mirrors working (folding via switch, auto folding when car is locked, demister and reverse dipping etc)  

The upgraded ones include puddle lights which fail to turn on when folding in or out.  I was wondering if anyone else has faced this issue before?  I don't have puddle lights on the doors, just a red reflector at the bottom so would this be the cause of the issue or would it be something else?  does anyone know the fuse number for the puddle lights?
    • By JonathanT
      Hi everyone, 

I’ve taken interest in getting an Akrapovic Exhaust for my 2014 Mk7 Golf R and was wondering if it was possible for it to even to be installed on a prefacelift R. To my knowledge, the Mk7.5 R came with an Akrapovic Exhaust as an option so I was wondering if it could be fitted on my Mk7. 

Thanks 
    • By ellixtt
      So I own a 7R and have driven a S3, both felt pretty similar to drive but the Audi steering feeling a bit vague IMO

Has anyone driven the Cupra 300? If so how does the driving feel compared to the S3 & R? I have only seen 2 on the road in person.

I know they are all virtually the same car underneather and just tarted up but would be interesting to hear about the driving feel, I’m sure I can remember reading the seat has sharper handling.

The interior on the seat though 🤢🤢😂 but I suppose you get what you pay for... For me the S3 saloon exterior is king but I prefer the Golf interior layout far more but it’s without question that the Audi is the better quality interior.
    • By JJB
      Hello everyone,

After recent topics and discussions that I saw on the forum, I think it would be great to get a meet organised, booked and in the diary for 2019. With Christmas coming up, I'm sure a lot of you will be working and/or have ran out of annual leave. Now here comes the difficult part, where to hold it and when to do it. I know as a forum we have people from all over the UK, so I'm thinking of somewhere maybe Midlands area maybe Derby/Nottingham, accessible to motorway routes, giving you guys and girls the best routes without being massively far away. 

In terms of the meet itself, I'd be apt to have this on a weekend morning, so it doesn't take too much out of peoples day, and it's a lame excuse to grab some breakfast and to have a natter. So the general plan would be, to meet up at a Toby Carvery or the like, meet for say 9.30/10.00 am - have a natter prior to going in to getting some food, then back out after a hearty breakfast for another chat, then away we go.

Who would be up for this? Obviously we have a bit of time before it, so it gives enough notice to clear diaries and the like.

Answers on a postcard, dependent on the outcome, there will be updates. 

• By stani540
      My first post on here, I have had my R estate for just over a year now and absolutely love it.

Hoping you estate owners can help me shed some light on how to remove the diffuser on the rear bumper of the Golf R Estate.  I was in a bad mood and accidentally reversed my R into a wall (making my mood even better) and the diffuser took the brunt of the pain.

I have got a replacement part from VW and just need to fit it now.  I have stuck my head under the car and there seems to be a few bolts underneath, but now i've got the part it also looks like there might be some bolts behind the reflectors that are in the diffuser, can anyone confirm?  

also does anyone have any tips for removing the reflectors, and can you advise on how they are fixed on (clips or adhesive)?

Want to get this sorted this weekend and any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks 

James