Sign in to follow this  
Kaisah

Washer fluid warning - standard?

Hey guys, 

just had to top up my washer fluid for the first time, I didn’t get any warning that it was low (actually ran out). Did a bit of searching but I can’t find a definite answer if the fluid sensor is standard or not on a 64 plate R? Some say this only comes with the winter pack - seems weird for a car like this not to have that! 

Have the car car booked in for it’s 3rd year service soon and it’s in warranty, but don’t want to look daft if I mention it and it’s not even on the car haha

Mine is a 64 plate and i got the warning when mine was low. As far as am aware i dont have the winter pack, just a base spec R.

The winter pack comes as standard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, JaseW said:

The winter pack comes as standard

I dont have heated seats which i belive is the winter pack, but could be wrong. whats included in the winter pacl for a 64 plate

34 minutes ago, Kaisah said:

Hey guys, 

just had to top up my washer fluid for the first time, I didn’t get any warning that it was low (actually ran out). Did a bit of searching but I can’t find a definite answer if the fluid sensor is standard or not on a 64 plate R? Some say this only comes with the winter pack - seems weird for a car like this not to have that! 

Have the car car booked in for it’s 3rd year service soon and it’s in warranty, but don’t want to look daft if I mention it and it’s not even on the car haha

I recently ran out of washer fluid, and it took a couple of days for the warning to come on. (I don't have any optional extras at all)

I dont have heated seats which i belive is the winter pack, but could be wrong. whats included in the winter pacl for a 64 plate

Sorry mate. Didn’t catch you had a 64 plate. I know it’s standard on the 2016- R’s
So I’m probably wrong in saying it’s standard on yours sorry. Just ignore me lol. I’m used to being ignored by the wife and kids haha

I’m sure that for new MOT standards that if your washer bottle is low or empty and unable to clear the windscreen it can constitute as a failure, therefore surely all cars should have a low level or empty warning for this???

18 hours ago, Kaisah said:

Hey guys, 

How long have you had the car?

Don’t most people check things like fluids and tyres every couple of weeks?

or as Yoda would say “fluid and tyres every week check you should”