Mk7 Haldex Fluid Change and Pump Gauze Clean

You will need:

5 and 8mm hex keys.
Lint free rags.
Cotten buds.
Torx 10 (need to confirm) .
10mm socket.
Flat blade screw driver.
Syringe (or use a freezer bag with a hose if you dont have one).
Containers to catch old fluid.
Haldex fluid g-060175-a2.

1. Raise car.

2. Unclip harness from haldex unit by pushing 2x clips  out.

3. Unclip pump connector using screwdriver and lots of patience (difficult access).
4. Remove sump filler plug with 5mm hex.
5. Remove sump plug with 8mm hex.
6. Catch old fluid.
7. Install sump plug.
8. Remove two bolts securing pump with 10mm socket.
9. Pull pump by wiggling it. 
10. Catch old crud.
11. Remove gauze from pump with torx 10.
12. Clean pump and gauze using rags, cotton buds and water.
13. Install gauze on pump.
14. Clean haldex innards.
15. Install pump.
16.Fill sump with syringe until it spills out. 
17. Install sump plug.
18. Go for a blap. 
19. Check level. 
20. Sleep well. 

20171028_151100.jpg

20171028_154445.jpg

20171028_154450.jpg

20171028_154636.jpg

20171028_154811.jpg

20171028_154841.jpg

20171028_154902.jpg

20171028_154913.jpg

20171028_160034.jpg

20171028_160046.jpg

20171028_160653.jpg

20171028_160942.jpg

20171028_161403.jpg

20171028_161820.jpg

20171028_162150.jpg

20171028_162611.jpg

20171028_162750.jpg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You will need: 5 and 8mm hex keys. Lint free rags. Cotten buds. Torx 10 (need to confirm) . 10mm socket. Flat blade screw driver. Syringe (or use a freezer bag with a hose if you dont

A good guide. I can confirm the filter is secured by 2 torx 10 screws Hope you don’t mind but here’s a couple of pics showing level plug and drain plug from when I done mine.  

I’ll contribute with this pic showing Haldex fill point (2) and drain plug (1) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted Images

On 2017-10-30 at 10:07, Mike R said:

Thats a great guide 1f44d.pngim shocked at the amount of sludge on the pump filter & in the bottom of the pump housing,your oil looks black as well. I will be doing mine soon once ive got the oil. 

OP: If you don't mind could you tell us the KM/mileage/interval on the Haldex fluid and your driving style, any track days etc. ? That screen looks terrible, however similar to other Haldex pump screen pictures on the 'net.

• 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Current Donation Goals

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DazzaR
      Hi all,

im looking at modifying my exhaust and I would like to get a decat (want it very loud) but I keep hearing I won’t pass my MOT is there lots of garages which will pass it if I look in the right places?

or will I struggle getting it through it’s MOT? 

Thanks in advance 😊
    • By ChrisTurbo
      I’ve acquired front (26mm) and rear (24mm) Whiteline anti roll bars for my Mk7 Golf R which I intend to use on spirited drives and many track days to come. 

My intentions are to dial out the understeer and make it more neutral so I can rotate when trail braking on turn in. I will have B16 PSS10s and also 034 MS top mounts (2.4 degrees negative camber). 

What I don’t want is a loose back end that induces snap oversteer. 

what settings should I set these to? They have 2 per bar front and rear. 

I’ve been told to setup wisely as I could destroy the balance that could end badly! 

• By Skip
      All,

I recently had the clutch replaced on my VW Golf R 2015,  Xtreme Clutch, I have done just over 1000kms and it has started slipping again.
      The oil indicator light also came on at the same time. There are no visible sign of a leak.

Are these related?

• By MrSingh
      Hey guys,

First of all, I'm new to the forum so apologies if I'm posting in the wrong section or making a topic I shouldn't be.  

I'm currently looking at getting a used mk7 Golf R and I've found one I'm looking to make an offer on (likely in next week or so) but wanted a little guidance if possible.

I've looked through all the subsections of this forum and I've read through the used buying guide I found (https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/25237-used-mk7-r-buying-guide/) but I'm posting this topic as a I have a specific question I needed help with.

The car I'm looking at is a 2015 model, around 50k miles on the clock - it's a DSG version which from my research is a sturdy and generally unproblematic transmission but my concern is that the service history on the car doesn't take note of any Haldex or DSG servicing, which I thought it should have had by now at 40k and especially as it's 5 years old.

I spoke to the main dealer who did two services on the car and they confirmed the transmission & Haldex service didn't take place - one additional service took place at an independent garage but I can't contact them to determine exactly what they did, I suspect they are currently closed due to covid.  To my knowledge, the onboard computer tells you oil change and service intervals without going into specifics so I don't think that will answer my question either.

My question - is this a car to walk away from? VW have confirmed to me they will do a fixed-price service should I choose to buy it but I'm worried it might be a case of a transmission giving up if it's not been looked after and serviced, especially given the apparent cost of replacing DSG. I will likely take out a 1 year warranty at a minimum if going for the car.  You may well tell me it's not really an issue, I wanted some advice basically as this will be my first (potential) DSG purchase.

Thanks in advance and hope you're all well and safe.

• By ellixtt
      Noticed recently that my late 2015 R paint has started to ‘peel’ or clear coat has failed especially around the lower bumper OEM splitter section

I also noticed a small spot on the upper bumper and roof where there is a transparent circle like the clear coat has lifted.

Has anyone experienced this? Any tips are appreciated - I can live with the splitter issue as it’s not really visible unless you get close to it but I really do not want it to happen on the main body 😔