Sign in to follow this  
Scottw

smallest garage size

Don't know the dimensions of my garage but the R just fits in with mirrors in but then because of the walls not being flat I can't then open my doors :/ I treat it as a storage area with a garage door. My missus 500 just about fits!

7 hours ago, Scottw said:

my garage is only 2400 wide and was wondering if i will be able to get out the car when in the garage ?

a 3 door is out of the question.,

has anyone got similar ?

Yes sounds like mine I have to fold the mirrors to get it in and providing I am around 8" off the near side wall I have loads of room and I'm 36" waist with a beer belly lol

I'm not sure it'll help, but something I've done each house I've been in.... buy a couple of cheap carpet tiles, and some carpet tile spray glue.  Spray and stick to the wall where the car doors open.

Sure, it doesn't mean you can through the door open with carefree abandon, but does mean you can be a little less cautious, while getting in and out.  And its the sort of stuff you can buy easily and cheaply at most big DIY stores.

2 hours ago, phil4 said:

I'm not sure it'll help, but something I've done each house I've been in.... buy a couple of cheap carpet tiles, and some carpet tile spray glue.  Spray and stick to the wall where the car doors open.

Sure, it doesn't mean you can through the door open with carefree abandon, but does mean you can be a little less cautious, while getting in and out.  And its the sort of stuff you can buy easily and cheaply at most big DIY stores.

👍 I do this too. I haven't even had to pay for the last 2 sets (previous and new garage). I just called into a local carpet supplier and asked if they had any old samples / off cuts that they didn't want. They had a pile that would just be thrown away. Just said "help yourself".

What I done in my garage, I knocked an opening in the inside wall inserted a lintel .The opening is only high enough for the door to clear  and only needs to be about 500 mm wide.I stuck a piece of 50 mm insulation in the cavity and my door opened up into this space   (its an outside wall so double brick with a cavity) .Since then I had a problem accessing my garage due to power cuts and my emergency  release snapped.The only way I could gain access was to knock a hole through the outside wall,I knocked it in line with the inside opening. I then decided to carry on  and put a personnel door in ( its only 1450 mm by 750 mm) it saves any problems with emergency opening of the garage door. My car door now opens even wider so its no problem at all. (mine is a 3 door and my garage is 2.5 wide inside). 

I have a couple old fairly large mirrors mounted at slight angles on the front wall.  I can see how close my passenger side front wheel arch is to the garage door jam on the way in and the other lets me see how far away the front bumper is from the wall when I turn left a bit to give me more room to open the car door.