nige bcs

BCS Powervalve launches new Downpipe variant

This is the brand new 76.0mm Golf R Mk7/7.5 Downpipe from BCS Powervalve...

Following on from the demand for ultimate flow we have developed this with clients looking at up to 600 bhp in mind.

Featuring the oversized 100 cell cat with an open area equivalent to an 93.0mm open pipe and the brand new 76.0mm 'Softflex' specifically developed with flow in mind having a genuine 76.0mm I.D. unlike previous 76.0mm flexis which only offer a 69,0mm I.D.

To further compliment the downpipe both the catted and cat delete pipes will now be supplied with the 1200 degree titanium thermal wrap to enhance power further, and the 200 cell lambda mini cat.

Thanks for looking

Nige

12.thumb.jpg.56f6c412990695bb9be9a101ecab55b0.jpg11.thumb.jpg.36e8e20a7e064241dbce6130f8cbb7f0.jpg10.thumb.jpg.58d318b0b81997067857552db71d97f9.jpg9.thumb.jpg.407643ef56f2d1731b48ab5b2272958a.jpg5.thumb.jpg.366a46f4d66cb54dedaa26bf5d0d4014.jpg6.thumb.jpg.2c7053dbe06bfe05945f12cc61ca2768.jpg7.thumb.jpg.7fa6d8d20455391cdd78d9fb09b59bb7.jpg8.thumb.jpg.8ac9d1bcc7f365410ce47096d27fa31f.jpg4.thumb.jpg.1513af85663169cb34b4b8b40961a232.jpg3.thumb.jpg.9d6a0783f7036840739fe47c0e1a7099.jpg2.thumb.jpg.6eec8f06e446593d0d96dea94ec20787.jpg1.thumb.jpg.a27252bf13ae61b36fe427962020ef84.jpg

Edited by nige bcs
mistake

The pipe was designed specifically in response for customers looking at beyond 600bhp requirements.

3.5 " is not something that we wanted to risk due to firewall proximity, and general safety tolerances along with the fact that a 3.5" Flexible de coupler will not fit into the available space.

Tunnel thermal protection prevents the install of our 140,0mm Mega cat rendering ground clearance unacceptable.

Therefore, the 100 cell cat was specced as it creates a greater flow ratio over the cat monolith than a cat delete pipe, rendering the need for the illegal cat delete unnecessary unless you are considering one strictly on an economic basis.

However, given the 4 - 4.5 hour re fit time to put the OEM cat back for the MOT, it really is a no brainer opting for our fully road legal cat. 

Cheers

Nige

does this mean the current 200 cell 3inch downpipe is only a 3inch diameter up to the point of the flexi where it drops to 2.7inch? before opening up again to 3inch diameter afterwards?

Does that not cause a restriction (albeit not a big one) as the gases will still be super hot, fast flowing and expanded at that point?

Edit - not taken pipe wall thickness in to account, is the 3inch diameter measured internally or externally?

3 hours ago, dougaberdeen said:

does this mean the current 200 cell 3inch downpipe is only a 3inch diameter up to the point of the flexi where it drops to 2.7inch? before opening up again to 3inch diameter afterwards?

Does that not cause a restriction (albeit not a big one) as the gases will still be super hot, fast flowing and expanded at that point?

Edit - not taken pipe wall thickness in to account, is the 3inch diameter measured internally or externally?

Yes Doug...

Although we have been using the Softflex for quite a while now - this new soft flex has a genuine 76mm through bore, coupled with the 1200 degree titanium thermal wrap and now the new 100 cell cat, positioned well away from the turbo ;-)  - we are at the absolute peak of what is possible

Cheers

46 minutes ago, dougaberdeen said:

thanks, fair to say that standard 200cell cats can deal with anything the standard turbo can put out power wise anyway

As a generalisation the quality of so called sports cats is something of a lottery to the uninitiated.
A 4.0" dia 100 cell cat will deliver an equivalent flow rate of around 72.25mm once cross sectional area has been calculated and laminar flow corrected.
With regard to the road legality it's true that the value lies in the amount of precious metal in the cat wash-coat -  a 5 gram wash-coat will get a cat through an MOT once maybe twice and then it's going to start to struggle due to basic entropy...
In addition the quality of European fuel also has a knock on effect with regard to its long term effectiveness, when compared to say US fuel.
We offer a larger 125mm 200 cell cat which gives a genuine corrected flow ratio of 79.0mm in addition we offer a 40grm wash-coat to provide complete road legal conformity with current MOT legislation and to ensure the durability of the cat.
For guys looking for big power we recommend the new 100 cell variant which definitely out performs a cat delete with a corrected flow ratio of 88.0mm and again comes with our massive 40grm pm wash-coat.

Ultimately the 2 questions that need to be asked are what is the diameter of the cat and what is the weight of the PM wash-coat, if this cannot be answered then fear the worst.
It may be true that there are very marginal gains to be offered by opting for a cat delete against one of our 200 cell cats, but there are also other considerations such as the road legality of a cat delete and the consequences of knowingly running one.
One of the ways that we will be further enhancing the performance of our downpipes is by the introduction of the new 'Softflex' on all 76.0mm downpipes from 2018.
The benefit here is that it has a genuine bore of 76.0mm as opposed to the braided 76.0mm flexi's which in truth have only a 70.0mm bore.
Our downpipes and cats are not the cheapest but I think you will not find it possible to source a better one by application once you have determined your individual requirements.
Hope this helps  
Nige