Sign in to follow this  
sharper

Project 7.5R - ARBs

Trying to work out what to do on the anti-roll bar front with Project 7.5R. SuperPro do a range of rear bars - 22mm, 24mm and 26mm.

I’m thinking rear bar only to dial out some of the inherent understeer of the car as it’s 4WD. I’m inclined to go for the 26mm bar but am not sure of the size of the standard rear bar on the R. 

Advice appreciated. Whilst I want to dial out some understeer I don’t want to go too far the other way and create an oversteering monster!

Come Thursday I’m going with the 24mm Superpro rear anti roll bar with standard OEM links on the softest setting to see how much turn in this adds, .without going over the top and adding oversteer.

along with KWV3S and Superpro front 0007 lower control arms.

I'm looking forward to the difference over stock non DCC suspension , LCA’s  and RARB.

I had Eibach springs and also their updated ARBs front and rear on my S3 and although it cornered incredibly flat even with mag ride recalibrated it was still a harsh ride so I’m with you on doing rear only.

Enjoying the plush ride of the R with DCC in comparison but could be tempted to drop it at some point.

5 hours ago, Rob2k68 said:

I had Eibach springs and also their updated ARBs front and rear on my S3 and although it cornered incredibly flat even with mag ride recalibrated it was still a harsh ride so I’m with you on doing rear only.

Enjoying the plush ride of the R with DCC in comparison but could be tempted to drop it at some point.

My first test drive was in a DCC R and to be honest with 19” I couldn’t feel much difference in the Modes.

preferring normal and then race when pretty much good tarmac could be found .

so I’m hoping the factory recommend adjustment levels are to My liking on the KWV3S otherwise I can soften up a little if required. 

Thank you. I reckon I’m going to be brave and go for the SuperPro ARB 26mm on the back, no change to the front. Will be combining the ARB with SuperPro lower control arms and the Ohlins dampers. Planning to take some photos and will post after fitting later this week all being well.

Now need to know whether the 7.5R has the same engine mounts as the 7R. I’ll post on the main board - long shot but someone might know!

Interesting read in Vw driver magazine sharper.

dyno results were interesting for the JB4 on map 2  dyno shows (which is very accurate apparently) it Made 31bhp and 45ftlbs max which is a great start.

interestingly the vwr600 made no improvements over standard only past 6000rpm.

R600 obviously comes into its own stage 2and above .

hows the suspension looking.

Im finding My Superpro LCA’S transformation is fantastic and even at normal speeds the feel through the steering is vastly improved. Feels direct with great response and turn in with no drawbacks.

Certainly loving the rear 24mm Superpro rear anti roll bar on the softest setting. its subtle but not over the top I think 26mm will be too much and is only recommend for track.

24mm halfway house is great for My fast road tastes.

I went the 22mm on firm setting with end links and happy with results too. 

Improved cornering at at higher speeds removing understeer with no adverse affects in normal driving. 

Id recommend it as place to start with handling. I don't think you need any more unless tracking car. 

28 minutes ago, mp2811 said:

I went the 22mm on firm setting with end links and happy with results too. 

Improved cornering at at higher speeds removing understeer with no adverse affects in normal driving. 

Id recommend it as place to start with handling. I don't think you need any more unless tracking car. 

Superpro end links mp ? 

Also sharper any chance you can relay your warped disc situation you experienced after just one track even on your clubsport S drilled discs.

Due to the drilled discs not being handed the excess heat warped the one disc that could not dissipate the heat adequately. 

Be good for members if using this set up in extremes to know of the possible drawbacks. 

4 minutes ago, mp2811 said:

Jon, yep the superpro end links. 

Thanks Man. Do you experience any negatives at all over the standard link. 

Did you fit bar and links together mp??

Thanks Man 👍

6 minutes ago, mp2811 said:

I had them fitted together. Works perfectly. Had it about 12 months now. 

No unwanted noises or anything. Just positives. 

You will need end links too if planning on lowering springs. 

Im dropped 30mm on KW V3 with standard end links and it works great.

I was afraid of noisy end links clonking etc so I am trying the stock links first.