admin

Happy Christmas from us to you!

Good afternoon all and in advance of the big day the chaps at VWROC Towers would like to wish you and your families a very happy Christmas and new year. It's been another record year for us and we'd like to thank you all for your inputs into the site, after all it's only as good as you guys make it. Also a very big thank you to our wonderful Mod team who work very hard behind the scenes. Your work guys is greatly appreciated as it takes many many hours to keep things running smoothly!!

One final reminder is that the VWROC 2018 calendars are now in stock and available via the Store so if you haven't already got one please do before they go! 

Stay safe and thanks again to you all, wherever you are in the world.

The VWROC team.

Festive felicitations from Chateau Cyffer. Although I’ve not been a member a year yet, this forum & it’s members have been a treasure trove of information. An essential aspect of owning and enjoying my R. Thanks to the admin team for all the behind the scenes work to keep the site ticking along.

1 hour ago, Nick the Greek said:

Thanks.

How are you liking your S3?

Have to keep my voice down around these parts Nick but I love it!! It's the first car I've had I haven't wanted to map!! It's done over 40,000 miles in 15 months and hasn't missed a beat. Great place to while the hours away.

1 hour ago, belfast col said:

Have to keep my voice down around these parts Nick but I love it!! It's the first car I've had I haven't wanted to map!! It's done over 40,000 miles in 15 months and hasn't missed a beat. Great place to while the hours away.

Have to say I've been having a good look at them. VW may well be a bit too 'peoples Car' for me as I'm a snob. RS3 is a bit too extreme and I like the 'under the radar' persona the S3 has. 😊

1 hour ago, Nick the Greek said:

Have to say I've been having a good look at them. VW may well be a bit too 'peoples Car' for me as I'm a snob. RS3 is a bit too extreme and I like the 'under the radar' persona the S3 has. 1f60a.png

I obviously love the Golf R but I see hundreds of them and very few S3s (obviously as the R is better (before everyone else says it)).

I also love the look of mine in my colour.

IMG_20161021_110237.jpg

3 hours ago, belfast col said:

I obviously love the Golf R but I see hundreds of them and very few S3s (obviously as the R is better (before everyone else says it)).

I also love the look of mine in my colour.

IMG_20161021_110237.jpg

The R has the edge in driving, being a little more raw (though not as raw as a M135i) but in every other aspect I see the R as inferior to the S3.

What spec is yours?

12 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

The R has the edge in driving, being a little more raw (though not as raw as a M135i) but in every other aspect I see the R as inferior to the S3.

What spec is yours?

I've got a 5 door DSG (Audi version) in Daytona grey with B&O sound system and thanks to 2017 spec changes it now has cruise and sat nav as standard. I think I would have liked the radar cruise that's standard on the R but I've seen it malfunction first hand and it scared the crap out of me and I wasn't even in the car!! Dannos car decided it didn't like a lorry he was passing at about 100mph and applied the emergency brakes!!

I've also got the tradional manual dials as opposed to the digital dash. My Mrs has a 7.5 Golf GTD with it and im still not sure I like it. I find the angle of the screen appears to be angled down and I still think I'd rather have beautiful chrome ones instead.

1 hour ago, belfast col said:

I've got a 5 door DSG (Audi version) in Daytona grey with B&O sound system and thanks to 2017 spec changes it now has cruise and sat nav as standard. I think I would have liked the radar cruise that's standard on the R but I've seen it malfunction first hand and it scared the crap out of me and I wasn't even in the car!! Dannos car decided it didn't like a lorry he was passing at about 100mph and applied the emergency brakes!!

I've also got the tradional manual dials as opposed to the digital dash. My Mrs has a 7.5 Golf GTD with it and im still not sure I like it. I find the angle of the screen appears to be angled down and I still think I'd rather have beautiful chrome ones instead.

Fully agree on the dials. Mrs Greek has a Tiguan on which they were standard. Look a bit naff TBH. She also has the radar cruise control, which has given me more than one squeeky bum moment. Far prefer the 'traditional' cruise on my BMW. How does the seven speed DSG in yours differ from the one in the 7R?

17 hours ago, belfast col said:

15 hours ago, Nick the Greek said:

Fully agree on the dials. Mrs Greek has a Tiguan on which they were standard. Look a bit naff TBH. She also has the radar cruise control, which has given me more than one squeeky bum moment. Far prefer the 'traditional' cruise on my BMW. How does the seven speed DSG in yours differ from the one in the 7R?

Think you love birds need to get a room. :cheesy:

But Chaps I'm secretly with you much rather have the S3.......... 🏃 stobsie runs for cover.