Sign in to follow this  
UES

Pretoria reps, closest to genuine

Evening all

contentious subject I know but I’m looking for set of Pretoria reps for winters. I’m looking for reps as close to the genuine colour as possible, any pics appreciated as don’t want to go buy them to find they are miles off standard colour/finish

tganks in advance guys

14 hours ago, Chris3King said:

Which colour is best to go for?

Not being trite, but the "best" colour is the one you prefer (and this may depend on the body colour of your car).

Lighter colours (eg silver, grey) tend to look bigger to me, while darker colours show brake dust less.

3 hours ago, Gibo993 said:

Whats the difference between these and OEM Prets ??

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Probably less expensive materials and  Cast alloy fabrication, rather than the flow-formed (like forged) OEM  items.

So what?  Probably 1-2kg per corner greater unstrung mass, and more brittle construction for the cast alloy replicas.   

Cheaper, but at what price?

I've run reps in the past and they were great. I had OE 19 inch wheels crack a few times too..... guess its luck and what type of pot hole you hit. 

Reps get a bad.... rep :D

3 hours ago, Cossieian said:

I've been looking black prets for a while now and have thought about just getting a set of reps..BUT there's something about putting replica wheels on a £30k car that just doesn't sit right with me

This.   Like tyres, Your sole connection with the road on a replica.  May be just fine.  No shattering scare stories, but any one who does a bit of research on unsprung mass , will know why lighter is always better.  

If one is going aftermarket, it should, for me, be about using a brand with motorsport or sporting pedigree.  Rather that than copy merchants, who may just compromise in engineering in their quest to ape an oem style at half the costs.  

But TEHO