StuMk7R

Renewal Quote Joke from Arian Flux

Just got my renewal Quote from Adrian Flux for my Mk7 R . They came in at £500 over the other quotes Ive had. Asked for a better deal and got nothing. This is my 7th car I've insured with Adrian Flux (everyone from Clio Williams to M3's in the past)  - but their customer service was appalling. First time they haven't matched or got close to a renewal quote and the advisor wasn't even interested in trying. I won't be using them again. Anyone else have an insurance company they would recommend? Direct Line are offering the best terms at the moment. 

I use Aviva and find them pretty good, both in terms of competitive quotes and claims/customer service.

You can also do an awful lot on line (MyAviva) without even having to ring them.

I used to use Direct Line (ended with them about 5 years ago) after the annual premium just kept going up and up for no good reason.

Felt I was being taken for granted, which is not a nice feeling.

You vote with your feet in this game!

I find DirectLine the cheapest, however when it came to swapping the policy over to the R the quote they gave me via Live Chat to switch the vehicle on my existing policy was substantially higher than the quote for a new policy on the R.  So much so that I was better off cancelling the current policy, paying the cancellation fee and then taking out a new policy with them.

The Live Chat guy explained that renewals use a different quoting system from new online quotes and he couldn't get anywhere near it.

4 hours ago, StuMk7R said:

Just got my renewal Quote from Adrian Flux for my Mk7 R . They came in at £500 over the other quotes Ive had. Asked for a better deal and got nothing. This is my 7th car I've insured with Adrian Flux (everyone from Clio Williams to M3's in the past)  - but their customer service was appalling. First time they haven't matched or got close to a renewal quote and the advisor wasn't even interested in trying. I won't be using them again. Anyone else have an insurance company they would recommend? Direct Line are offering the best terms at the moment. 

Hi,

If you wanted to PM me the details I'd like to take a look into to see if there is a reason why it's so much higher than your alternative quotations.

Regards,

Dan.

Why do people get so exercised about this? Insurers balance their risk profile. If you don’t match what they want at the time, then they will quote high so that you don’t take out a policy.

It’s not personal, it’s not a scam, it’s just their business. If you get a better quote elsewhere, move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is also the "lazy tax" ie a company will offer a lower price for a new anonymous on-line quote than it does for the same car as a renewal for an existing policy.  My response is to compare the renewal price with a new on-line quote.  So far the new quote has been cheaper for the last 4 years from my preferred insurer, so that is what I buy.  It's worth shopping around, even if it is only with the same company.

Sat on the phone with them for 30 mins the other day trying to sort insurance for my new Golf R. Girl came back after all the details had been given and id also told her 1st Central Premium was qouting £71 a month for the same car.

Even with site discount she had the cheek to say ive got you a really good quote, that would be £73.61 a month ... in the end I just hung up, Post Office blew them out of the water anyway at £450, Never had great experiences with them, always screw me on renewal or else charge me a fortune to leave. So this is the final straw now for me I wont be back to them.

Edited by ChrisNI

Aviva here: after a total loss my fault last year, Esure sure enough put my premium up by 1200 GBP to 1600GBP😡. Posssibly taking them to Ombudsman on write valuation, and then winning, didn't help my cause, so they priced me out.

Aviva offered 20% discount through work, and I ended up paying 366GBP this year, same cover, full accident disclosure etc.  

Pays to shop around.

Have been with Admiral for a while as we have 3 cars.

this year however they were a joke and had increased my insurance for no reason.

moved to LV, dead simple process, £221 with business insurance.

went to cancel my Admiral one and they tried to match LV, whereupon I got pissed off as that pretty much meant their original renewal was well out.

Renewed with Admiral this week.  They were reasonably ok on price compared to comparsion sites with like for like cover.

However, a quick phone call and he tapped away for 5 mins and offered a reduction of £20.  I said err...not very good....he tapped for a further second and knocked another £60 off because i was a safe driver lol! 

Also clarified the PCP owner/registered keeper nonsense and they werent bothered....just whos on the log book.

Worth a quick call.

I tried AF before and they were a lot higher than what I was getting quoted to renew with Admiral...to be fair admiral have always been the cheapest for me..even if I've got to haggle year on year:afro: