markR

Really slow response in long coding

2 hours ago, markR said:

Turns out I can’t get into long coding at all in any of the areas of the car.

Can anyone advise at all?

It’s doing my head in...

Thank you

Mark: Are you sure that you have a "Pro" account for OBD11?  The standard OBD11 account doesn't allow access to Long coding, or adaptation channels - so you need to have the "Pro" authorization number registered in your account to use this facility.

If you have purchased the "Pro" number, go to settings and switch-on the Pro theme

Don

Mark: Are you sure that you have a "Pro" account for OBD11?  The standard OBD11 account doesn't allow access to Long coding, or adaptation channels - so you need to have the "Pro" authorization number registered in your account to use this facility.

If you have purchased the "Pro" number, go to settings and switch-on the Pro theme

Don

Thanks Don

I bought the code and put it in when i set up the app.
When I go to my profile it says PRO in the corner.

Is there somewhere I need to enable it?

18 hours ago, markR said:

Thanks Don

I bought the code and put it in when i set up the app.
When I go to my profile it says PRO in the corner.

Is there somewhere I need to enable it?

Mark- no that sounds like the way that Pro meant to be !!

So, let's get one thing clear - lots of MY17 mk7's have the newer style Central electrics modules (@ address hex09) that don't have any long-coding Bytes/Bits. In these cars, ALL the software switches that previously were in the code-string are now in the "adaptation" section. Is your car of this type (you can check this by looking at the advanced information section of the module)?

If the BCM (Central electrics module in OBD11 speak) is of this type, then try this:

1. Select the Central electrics module (@ address hex09)
  2. Select security code and enter the magic number 31347
  3. Select adapation
  4. Search for Scheinwerferreinigung  ("headlight washers" in English)
  5. Select Headlamp washer system - there are 2 x allowable settings : installed and not installed

Don

Mark- no that sounds like the way that Pro meant to be !!

So, let's get one thing clear - lots of MY17 mk7's have the newer style Central electrics modules (@ address hex09) that don't have any long-coding Bytes/Bits. In these cars, ALL the software switches that previously were in the code-string are now in the "adaptation" section. Is your car of this type (you can check this by looking at the advanced information section of the module)?

If the BCM (Central electrics module in OBD11 speak) is of this type, then try this:
  1. Select the Central electrics module (@ address hex09)
  2. Select security code and enter the magic number 31347
  3. Select adapation
  4. Search for Scheinwerferreinigung  ("headlight washers" in English)
  5. Select Headlamp washer system - there are 2 x allowable settings : installed and not installed

Don

Don

Mine is a 2014, but I’ll give that a go just incase for some reason it works with my car.

My Wi-fi router is at the front of my house and my car parks on the drive about 7 feet away.. I have fibre broadband with a 6MB upload speed and I cannot use that connection to make long coding changes.... instead I share my phone’s 4G connection and it works every time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So. I’ve made a bit of progress. In the Apps section I’ve managed to make some changes to my car (headlight washers to off and the fan speed shown in auto).
I now also know that I can’t access the adaptations and long coding sections. It just hangs on Loading and the app just freezes and needs restarting.

Therefore I’m wondering if I have a problem with my PRO activation.

I’ve contacted the OBDELEVEN help desk but wondered if anyone else has had similar issues with their PRO?

24 minutes ago, markR said:

So. I’ve made a bit of progress. In the Apps section I’ve managed to make some changes to my car (headlight washers to off and the fan speed shown in auto).
I now also know that I can’t access the adaptations and long coding sections. It just hangs on Loading and the app just freezes and needs restarting.

Therefore I’m wondering if I have a problem with my PRO activation.

I’ve contacted the OBDELEVEN help desk but wondered if anyone else has had similar issues with their PRO?

Have you tried reinstalling the app?

I found mine was temperamental if I tried to make more than 1 change at a time, so make a change, shutdown the App, restart and make next change etc. That was using a 4G connection. Some modules take ages to load over 4G. several minutes in some cases for me.

Mark

So - there are 2 x signal strengths that are important with OBD11:

First, the internet connection must be robust - which means many bars on your phone/tablet (the ISP speed can be measured using a number of web based facilities)

Second, the Bluetooth Connection must be good - which may mean devoting the entire band-width to just one device (perhaps disconnect any other Bluetooth devices for the time that you use OBD11)

Then, you should make sure that your App cache is clean 

Don

Don. I met up with Becs today (much appreciated!) and we tried my system on her car and it wouldn’t let us into long coding.

I think I have a problem with long coding and therefore the PRO part.

I’ve contacted obdeleven via their online help and they’ve essentially said that it should be working and must be something else!

Unbelievable.

Right now I’m actually thinking that I definitely can’t recommend obdeleven. Fine if it goes ok. But if not: it’ll be a nightmare.