Hi everyone,

New to this forum but I've spent the last few weeks reading threads and looking at different topics... Great forum!

Anyway I'm super excited to say I've ordered a new Golf MK7.5 R hatchback 5 door DSG and delivery is due early/mid March so it will be rocking an 18 plate!

Looking forward to getting more involved with the forum once she arrives!

I went to for the standard White as I'm thinking of wrapping it at some point! I added the performance pack with the upgraded breaks though and managed to get them to swap out the Spielberg alloys which are normally included for the black Prets which I was happy about! Really wanted the Akrapovic exhaust as well but couldn't justify the cost! Maybe change the exhaust down the line but want to see what the stock is line first.

Nice one. You have neatly sidestepped the issue with the PP.

That effectively makes the rest of the performance pack (upgraded brakes, rear spoiler) a more reasonable £1300.

22 minutes ago, PhilC22 said:

Nice one. You have neatly sidestepped the issue with the PP.

That effectively makes the rest of the performance pack (upgraded brakes, rear spoiler) a more reasonable £1300.

This is true, I wouldn't have got the pack if they couldn't have swapped out the wheels. I don't know why they don't offer them as I had read a few people hadn't been as lucky as me at getting them swapped.

So excited to get it, I'm currently driving a 2009 mk6 1.4 petrol so it will be a big leap!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Current Donation Goals

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• By [email protected]
      Hi don’t know if I’m being stupid I have a golf r mk7.5 I want new wheels can I run 19inch by 10inch wide 
    • By AJS7R
      Hi Guys,

Looking to get some black coated discs from MTEC but they cant confirm when they have stock of this coating (but I cannot wait long). I cant find other discs with coating for the same cost. £270 for c-hook front and rear. 

Has anybody has any success just painting the non coated disc? Ive heard Hammerite could work, but if it wont last long then not very good. 

Any help is great
      Cheers

• By US Rabbit
      Hello VW community,

I am the proud new owner of a 2019 VW Golf R, 6 Speed Manual in Atlanta, Georgia. Having been an Audi customer the past 18years (S3, RS3), I needed something new and an R with a manual gearbox seemed like the right choice for a fun daily and a car that would have an ocean of aftermarket options.

After having spent a ridiculous amount of time researching I am in need of help as I can not find the information I need.

1) VW North America clearly states that my car has 288hp. Not on a single site (Milltek, AWE, APR etc) have I seen this model mentioned. The car has been out for almost 2 years - what am I missing? https://www.vw.com/models/golf-r/section/overview/ I am seeing 300hp and 310hp everywhere which are the Euro models. This has made it very difficult in finding options to enhance my Golf

2) I can not find any info whether this car has OPF/GPF or not. Does anyone know whether the US cars have been exempt from that non sense?

3) My research shows that exhaust upgrades do not mess with warranty. Can someone confirm this?

4) is this an international site? I mostly see Brits so wanted to confirm :)

Thanks for your help. I have attached a pic! She is in dire need of an exhaust and exterior carbon options

• By D7RLL92
      hi all,

for some years now I've had a weird intermittent  grinding sound I've noticed coming from maybe gearbox or engine?

when you have it in drive stationary then put it in sport it gets more noticeable/louder you can here it from in the car and outside. the problem is intermittent and happens every so often was quiet for a few months now noticed it's back.

ive been back and forth with dealership a few times I've warned them about it a year after I bought it in 2017 went for a drive with tech and he said can't hear it that much, went back months later and luckily got them to hear it they had it for the day and checked it and said when they serviced they can't hear it now which was true for some time but as I said its back! any ideas on what it could be or if any1 else has had a similar issue???