Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Pipisskip

Chris' Wolfsburg Edition

Recommended Posts

After a slight delay, I've finally managed to get the grille and lower bumper inserts wrapped gloss black. Wrap used is Avery Dennison Supreme Wrapping film.

I like the lower bumper insert black, but a little on the fence with the grille... Perhaps when the car is clean it'll tie in nicely. 

 

Here's a before and after, taken in my garage. Will get a better comparison up when it's properly clean again, and from further away.

 

p8YQ2xi.jpg

rOiYG8g.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it's been a little quiet on updates for the car of late due to being overseas. 

I did however spot an R on my travels... 

 

VeMqgiu.jpg

 

The only one I saw in Iceland the whole time I was there. 

Since being back, the car went back to UGP for it's third service, after hitting 37,000 kms. New oil, filter, pollen filter and everything checked over; all in good health!

Gave it a clean at the time too, and took an early evening shot when returning home. Still sitting on the fence with the black grille, and may remove the wrap so it ties in with the headlights again.

5hBieFp.jpg

 

Asides from that, the car is feeling great. Went for a late night run with a friend in his Stage 1 Focus RS the other evening; probably the most fun I've had with the car since owning it. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna black out mine tomorrow! 

Yours looks great! 

One of those mods that tricks the mind of those VW heads.

I often play the spot the R game around my area, pretty much common daily’s , often hit 5 or so  Mk7 and a couple of Mk6 just to get the tally up to 5 in say 30 mins.  Nice find in Iceland 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/05/2018 at 17:51, slin said:

Gonna black out mine tomorrow! 

Yours looks great! 

One of those mods that tricks the mind of those VW heads.

I often play the spot the R game around my area, pretty much common daily’s , often hit 5 or so  Mk7 and a couple of Mk6 just to get the tally up to 5 in say 30 mins.  Nice find in Iceland 1f44d.png

 

Cheers Slin! Be interested to see what it's like on your 7.5. 

There's a fair few R's kicking around Melbourne too, but not so many Wolfsburg's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/06/2018 at 23:05, Vinz1979 said:

beautiful car chris.. hopefully ill bump into you one day at UGP.. ill be going there next week to a few things done on mine..

 

Cheers Vin! You'll be in safe hands with Alex and Gav! Keen to hear how you go...

 

I'm looking forward to going back again in a few weeks myself, as I have something tasty on order 😁
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/06/2018 at 10:10, Pipisskip said:

 

Cheers Vin! You'll be in safe hands with Alex and Gav! Keen to hear how you go...

 

I'm looking forward to going back again in a few weeks myself, as I have something tasty on order 1f601.png
 

went in last week to get intake and res delete done. yeh alex and gav are the best. 

collecting some more stuff before i get tune, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, today is officially 12 months of ownership of the R. It’s been a lot of fun, serving me well over the 8500kms I’ve clocked up. 

 
Now, on to the exciting bit!
 
About 6 weeks ago, I decided to give @nige bcs a call to talk all things exhaust! Needless to say, it was a good discussion, with the passion and knowledge shining through. A quick follow-up with the go-to garage confirming they were happy to have it shipped to them, and the order was put in for a full TBE! 
 
The weeks passed by, then shipping commenced! Australian Customs lifted me of some cash, with the boxes arriving on Monday. Some gratuitous exhaust porn shots…
 
TKo1OXO.jpg
pOsTAZ5.jpg
5fytNx4.jpg
aSa60Kr.jpg
 
The exhaust went on trouble free (sadly I was at work and didn’t get to see), before a test drive and confirmation from the guys that the hype is real! It makes the rear end look much better too! 
 
NSiAIo7.jpg
 
Back on the hoist for a dog bone mount insert, then time for tuning on the dyno, complemented by a ‘high clamp’ custom DSG tune. This resulted in a healthy 243.7kw at all four. It was pulling over 250, but wound back a little to protect the turbo. Torque is at approx 510Nm. 
 
GWTFOj5.jpg
 
Looking well on the dyno!
 
O7zEySN.jpg
 
I popped down to pick it up last night, and swiftly jumped in to go for a test drive. Jesus F***ing Christ!! The thing is an absolute weapon now, and the sound… Incredible! It was a wet night, and all 4 wheels were happily spinning through first and second! The gearbox tune is mega too! But more importantly, the exhaust! A nice tone, louder than factory on idle, then you add boost and just… [insert appropriate profanity here]! The bark on upshifts is something else. If anyone is contemplating one of these systems, I highly recommend you speak to Nige and get one ordered!
 
A massive thanks to Nige for the great service I’d read about, and of course to the friends at the garage I use - a very happy chap! 

More shots!

p9YDQS7.jpg
3IZIngw.jpg
 
And another from the dyno! I'd removed the wrap from the grille a while back! Much happier!

ZmFJwcy.jpg
 
Thanks for reading if you got this far!

-Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/07/2018 at 00:13, Pipisskip said:

Well, today is officially 12 months of ownership of the R. It’s been a lot of fun, serving me well over the 8500kms I’ve clocked up. 

 
Now, on to the exciting bit!
 
About 6 weeks ago, I decided to give @nige bcs a call to talk all things exhaust! Needless to say, it was a good discussion, with the passion and knowledge shining through. A quick follow-up with the go-to garage confirming they were happy to have it shipped to them, and the order was put in for a full TBE! 
 
The weeks passed by, then shipping commenced! Australian Customs lifted me of some cash, with the boxes arriving on Monday. Some gratuitous exhaust porn shots…
 
TKo1OXO.jpg
pOsTAZ5.jpg
5fytNx4.jpg
aSa60Kr.jpg
 
The exhaust went on trouble free (sadly I was at work and didn’t get to see), before a test drive and confirmation from the guys that the hype is real! It makes the rear end look much better too! 
 
NSiAIo7.jpg
 
Back on the hoist for a dog bone mount insert, then time for tuning on the dyno, complemented by a ‘high clamp’ custom DSG tune. This resulted in a healthy 243.7kw at all four. It was pulling over 250, but wound back a little to protect the turbo. Torque is at approx 510Nm. 
 
GWTFOj5.jpg
 
Looking well on the dyno!
 
O7zEySN.jpg
 
I popped down to pick it up last night, and swiftly jumped in to go for a test drive. Jesus F***ing Christ!! The thing is an absolute weapon now, and the sound… Incredible! It was a wet night, and all 4 wheels were happily spinning through first and second! The gearbox tune is mega too! But more importantly, the exhaust! A nice tone, louder than factory on idle, then you add boost and just… [insert appropriate profanity here]! The bark on upshifts is something else. If anyone is contemplating one of these systems, I highly recommend you speak to Nige and get one ordered!
 
A massive thanks to Nige for the great service I’d read about, and of course to the friends at the garage I use - a very happy chap! 

More shots!

p9YDQS7.jpg
3IZIngw.jpg
 
And another from the dyno! I'd removed the wrap from the grille a while back! Much happier!

ZmFJwcy.jpg
 
Thanks for reading if you got this far!

-Chris

Loving the pics Chris...Your car looks awesome!!!:afro:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Current Donation Goals

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

  • Similar Content

    • By nige bcs
      Images of the Mk6 Powervalve Sport (Single rear silencer) with cat delete pipe 
      Thanks for looking
      Nige
       
       












    • By nige bcs
      One or two of the members wanted to listen to the new Rev III design Powervalve system, which features a greater deal of popping and burbling when free revving.
      In addition there is a larger amount of reverb on the overrun...
      Thanks for looking
      Nige
       
       
       
       









    • By nige bcs
      Recent review in VW Driver magazine.
      Thanks for looking.
       
       




    • By nige bcs
      Another recent members car installation of the Powervalve full turbo back variable tone system with Ceramic black coated trims.
      This one features the new 100 cell cat as the car was utilizing a hybrid turbo pushing 500 bhp.
      Custom mapping was performed by Rick at Unicorn
      A perfect result and zero drone. thanks for looking...
      Cheers
      Nige
       
       









    • By nige bcs
      This is the brand new 76.0mm Golf R Mk7/7.5 Downpipe from BCS Powervalve...
      Following on from the demand for ultimate flow we have developed this with clients looking at up to 600 bhp in mind.
      Featuring the oversized 100 cell cat with an open area equivalent to an 93.0mm open pipe and the brand new 76.0mm 'Softflex' specifically developed with flow in mind having a genuine 76.0mm I.D. unlike previous 76.0mm flexis which only offer a 69,0mm I.D.
       
      To further compliment the downpipe both the catted and cat delete pipes will now be supplied with the 1200 degree titanium thermal wrap to enhance power further, and the 200 cell lambda mini cat.
      Thanks for looking
      Nige
       
       

       
×