Dan_7R

Akrapovic MK7.5 R

Placed my order on 12th August 2017.

White Silver, 3 Door DSG with titanium Akrapovic exhaust system, black 19” Pretoria’s and carbon fibre mirrors.

After a long wait it was eventually built on 6th February 2018 and arrived at the dealership 10 day’s later, having avoided the PDI centre, as I requested nothing to be removed prior to delivery. 5ff4997f1ab4fa05f6a0b4c5f5e8d816.jpgc546e31e4b7677b4f00f715c2d33638f.jpg

Went straight down to the dealership the next morning to finally take a look at my new car...! 856faf87e9abe660203ee63b29b73c61.jpgbc8eea18fc3bf304a8da2e81956d5b68.jpg

354411cd578137212f00194cf393f300.jpgb71a20b9c0a13755a9c709f3ed31e969.jpg1805002a21d82d5ec5494b1ce4c4b8e8.jpg7518902e14acf6283175119f1b00c192.jpg

So happy with the spec, although not as poppy as my Lapiz blue the white silver looks great in the sun, and with the black wheels and trims it’s just right.

Once I have the SiRamik coat applied it’ll be perfect for me.

I’ll post photos and definitely some videos of the exhaust here, I’ve watched every YouTube video in anticipation of the Akrapovic, hopefully I can make some good ones to post here too.

I’m sure I’ll also have a few questions for other members regarding the new features on the 7.5R.

Cheers

Looks good , that’s one reason I didn’t go for the white silver , it just doesn’t pop , my last car was lapis and that needed to have good sunny days to pop , so this time I went for indium grey , pops all the time even in low light conditions.

you must have been near the £40k tax bracket adding the exhaust?

Looks good , that’s one reason I didn’t go for the white silver , it just doesn’t pop , my last car was lapis and that needed to have good sunny days to pop , so this time I went for indium grey , pops all the time even in low light conditions.

you must have been near the £40k tax bracket adding the exhaust?

I do like the indium grey.
I’m close, I think I was a few hundred pounds short, thankfully. Tbh I’m not sure how it all works, as reading the paperwork it says the first years tax and registration is £500.

What’s the PDI Centre?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Many thanks The PDI Centre is where most new cars go before they arrive at the dealership. They do the pre delivery inspection of the car and “valet” it ready for collection.

I requested nothing to be done other than the essentials for the PDI, I have it booked in for a full SiRamik coat and it’s easier and quicker if it hasn’t been swirled and marred during its first wash at one of these centres.

I’ve had the grand showroom unveil, and tbh I was much more impressed once the car has been properly detailed.

The wait will definitely be worth it...!

Many thanks The PDI Centre is where most new cars go before they arrive at the dealership. They do the pre delivery inspection of the car and “valet” it ready for collection.

I requested nothing to be done other than the essentials for the PDI, I have it booked in for a full SiRamik coat and it’s easier and quicker if it hasn’t been swirled and marred during its first wash at one of these centres.

I’ve had the grand showroom unveil, and tbh I was much more impressed once the car has been properly detailed.

Thanks Dan,

Same as mines, I’m requesting no PDI except essentials and my Detailer will complete paint readings and PDI upon delivery at the Dealers.

Then once it’s signed over it’s going in for a Full CarPro Ceramic Coating, New Car Plus+ Detail.

Thanks Dan,

Same as mines, I’m requesting no PDI except essentials and my Detailer will complete paint readings and PDI upon delivery at the Dealers.

Then once it’s signed over it’s going in for a Full CarPro Ceramic Coating, New Car Plus+ Detail.

Ideal, that’s perfect. The way I’d recommend everyone pick up their new car.

I look forward to seeing it once it arrives :)

Ideal, that’s perfect. The way I’d recommend everyone pick up their new car.

I look forward to seeing it once it arrives

I requested this and when it came to Collection day it was obvious it had been washed somewhere along its journey from the factory. I mean, it was clean! Not even any light traffic film type dirt. Then when my Detailer got hold of it he said it was swirled to hi-ho..!! Said he couldn't believe how bad it was for a new car!! It took another day of machine polishing (and cost!) to rectify it all. It's still not 100% but looks great now. So it was washed before Fallout was removed as when that was done by Detailer the whole car coloured up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, GaryP said:

I requested this and when it came to Collection day it was obvious it had been washed somewhere along its journey from the factory. I mean, it was clean! Not even any light traffic film type dirt. Then when my Detailer got hold of it he said it was swirled to hi-ho..!! Said he couldn't believe how bad it was for a new car!! It took another day of machine polishing (and cost!) to rectify it all. It's still not 100% but looks great now. So it was washed before Fallout was removed as when that was done by Detailer the whole car coloured up!!

The exact same happened to my mum’s Audi just before Christmas. Every panel was damaged and required a lot of work to correct. They lost a very loyal customer on that car collection. 

My dealership however have been more than accommodating and asked me exactly what I wanted left on. 

Glad that yours is back up to standard now properly detailed. 

The exact same happened to my mum’s Audi just before Christmas. Every panel was damaged and required a lot of work to correct. They lost a very loyal customer on that car collection. 

My dealership however have been more than accommodating and asked me exactly what I wanted left on. 

Glad that yours is back up to standard now properly detailed. 

The Dealership were very adamant they hadn't washed it, and when I saw it in their compound still with protection film and the like on it, it even looked clean then! I reckon it may have been washed more centrally as it landed in the U.K. The industry appears to have a lot to learn about vehicle prep!!

15 minutes ago, GaryP said:

The Dealership were very adamant they hadn't washed it, and when I saw it in their compound still with protection film and the like on it, it even looked clean then! I reckon it may have been washed more centrally as it landed in the U.K. The industry appears to have a lot to learn about vehicle prep!!

They do indeed have a lot to learn. 

Audi said the same, only when I brought a torch and showed them exactly what had been inflicted from the poor wash technique not to mention the blatant water marks all over the vehicle, they gave up and admited it hadnt forgone the PDI Centre and been washed and infact dried with a chamois and blade....