Buying your Golf R at the end of your lease

chrisvwg7r

Hi All,

Has anyone bought their leased Golf R recently what is the average price that's on offer especially with VWFS.

My 3 year deal with VWFS will be coming to end in less than 2 months and I have been quoted £18500.

The R is a 2015 (15 plate) model standard spec 3 door in white with 28K miles with 2 stamped VW services.

I am struggling to find a Mk7 R within a 100 mile radius of me for £18000. I was keen to buy the car just curious to see if anyone else has recently bought their leased R's and for what price.

Cheers

Chris

I was offer mine at the end of a 24month term for £18700.

This was in Feb 2017.

Standard 5 door, red 20000 miles.

I recon I could have bought and used it for a year, and would only of lost a £1000.

Cheaper than leasing!!!!

Yours is 3 years old, so will have no warranty left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, leonmac said:

I think I called them. 4 weeks before the end of lease.
Nobody came to see it, it just had a book price to them.

Cheers, I've about 3 months to go now and will see what they offer when we get a bit closer.

11 hours ago, neveragain said:

I bought mine - a 2 year old bog standard manual red 5 door in May 17 with 24,000 miles for £19,050

I tried to negotiate on price, but they weren't for moving and ran through cars on Autotrader with me in support of the quoted price.

As I suspected. 

When and how did you approach them if you don't mind? 

Thanks

this from pistonheads - all be it a estate

For anyone who might be purchasing (or thinking about it) their 2016 estate R, I have just got a quote from VWFS.

Boggo white R DSG (all estates are) estate 15k miles, online they quoted a provisional £21,200 and the official emailed quote arrived at £22,300.

So total for me would be £28500 with the £6200 lease cost included - not bad, but I think I will pass on it.

On 25/03/2018 at 07:31, chrishumes said:

Good to know this in case i decide to keep it. Mines a 2 year/20k miles lease but i up’d the mileage to 30k. So thinking now if i need to put tyres on and maybe service, i might keep and get some value out of it

Yeah the price above seems a bit toppy - but VW seem to be doing this now - tbh I think my car will go - I have had it nearly a year - depending on how many miles I get on it - currently 8500 - do 10k a year - depends on the service schedule I may keep it one or two extra months at the same rate and then hand back. All depends on that second service - car is currently telling me 4500 will be 1st service (I do quite a bit of town driving). So I would hope to get it up to 24k miles then hand back (2nd service due around 26k miles approx).

If a service is due just hand back (before keeping a eye on what the car is telling me)

Yeah the price above seems a bit toppy - but VW seem to be doing this now - tbh I think my car will go - I have had it nearly a year - depending on how many miles I get on it - currently 8500 - do 10k a year - depends on the service schedule I may keep it one or two extra months at the same rate and then hand back. All depends on that second service - car is currently telling me 4500 will be 1st service (I do quite a bit of town driving). So I would hope to get it up to 24k miles then hand back (2nd service due around 26k miles approx).

If a service is due just hand back (before keeping a eye on what the car is telling me)

My first service came at around 18k miles...i prob need to check tyres tbh

13 hours ago, chrishumes said:

My first service came at around 18k miles...i prob need to check tyres tbh

Tbh the tyres cost isn't too bad - about £100 per corner would expect only the front two due to the driving I do. Not much during the week (about 15 miles a day stop start) and then rest is mileage at weekends which is mainly motorway.

Most people I have spoken to that have a r get anything from 7k miles to 16k miles out a tyre - so hopefully get away with just the front two.