jds

The best colour

Not wanting to sound a kill joy , but pretty much a useless post.

Now if you were asking the best colour combinations of the Golf , then that would be a different question altogether.

So I will start if off , My indium with black pretts , gloss black mirrors and 90% rear tints is pretty awesome.

3 hours ago, bodas73 said:

LSG obviously but I love the Reflex Silver as well very underrated, some of the 7.5 colours are great as well and would have made my colour choice more interesting if they had been available for the 7

Had LSG on my 7R, loved it. Indium grey on tmy new 7.5R much better imo. Its actually grey, not brown/grey.

Yeah I do like the Indium grey a lot and would have probably went that colour as all my VWs previously have been Grey. I do like the way the LSG changes colour though in different light conditions overcast days its a true grey bright sunshine like a Golden tan grey colour.

On 19/03/2018 at 13:22, camelsac2002 said:

Lapiz for me - the only car I've had where complete strangers have said how nice it looks.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Same here, had complete random people come up to me in car parks as I walk away from my car saying 'nice car'. Never had that before. 

If you like contrast you can't beat white against all the black trim. For extra effect, black exaust tips, gloss carbon fibre rear spoiler extension and wing mirrors. Put a light black tint on the front an rear lights plus the VW logo. Black out the front silver trim and run some gloss carbon fibre wrap over the side and front skirts. Saw one the other day....looked amazing and it an APR tune too!

Lapiz for me too, I've had a few people come up to me and say the colour is nice (when it's actually clean) and a few passengers stand back and say it's a nice colour. 

I do like Reflex Silver, and also Oryx White too. 

White all the way for me. Two things came into play when I choose the car. Colour and body style. The car is very popular. Everyday on the road u always see at least one R. They are all lapiz blue. So I decided on the colour I seen least, white, and estate. The two things I have seen very little or any of this last year saving and deciding. Apart from that the white ones are quicker and estates have a better airflow out the rear donare more areodynmaicly efficient......... a smaller RS4 avant if u like 🤣

What poor judgement you have! 

It just didn’t stand out enough on a car that is already understated. The Spielberg wheels didn’t do it for me either! Still - car’s gone now so I guess I might be ordering a new one at some point. I was told that three doors will be available and the order books reopen on the fifth I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, camelsac2002 said:

emoji23.png It just didn’t stand out enough on a car that is already understated. The Spielberg wheels didn’t do it for me either! Still - car’s gone now so I guess I might be ordering a new one at some point. I was told that three doors will be available and the order books reopen on the fifth I think.

I know its all in the eye of the beholder...... but I like the look of my Atlantic Blue wagon on its Cadiz. To me Cadiz are "the" R alloy and are much more unique looking than Pretorias (and they are cheaper!).

Just wonder whether a dark tint would be better. To me, I think 90% is too much on the estate (better on the hatch with less glass). But it doesn't really bother me, and I am not into the aesthetic looks as many on here, instead, I like what the car can do on the road.  

IMG_20190101_121235.thumb.jpg.b0dd58e101ce04c95c0eeb6c0391deaa.jpg

AND.....I did wash it recently, but it got dirty within about 2 miles, so I have given up (at least until they start salting the roads). Think tyres and pipes will get done. 

I know its all in the eye of the beholder...... but I like the look of my Atlantic Blue wagon on its Cadiz. To me Cadiz are "the" R alloy and are much more unique looking than Pretorias (and they are cheaper!).

Just wonder whether a dark tint would be better. To me, I think 90% is too much on the estate (better on the hatch with less glass). But it doesn't really bother me, and I am not into the aesthetic looks as many on here, instead, I like what the car can do on the road.  

IMG_20190101_121235.thumb.jpg.b0dd58e101ce04c95c0eeb6c0391deaa.jpg

AND.....I did wash it recently, but it got dirty within about 2 miles, so I have given up (at least until they start salting the roads). Think tyres and pipes will get done. 

I chose the darker tints when I specced mine. Think it does suit the hatch more tbh.727b67d4c062ee832ab867cca03d9693.jpg

Might have Oryx White next.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk