Stobsie

4. BobbyT

BobbyT

• Current Donation Goals

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• By JoeB
      Hi there,

So I have a 2019 R which is ofcourse post GPF filter. I would like to modify the exhaust in any way to make is sound a little louder. I originally thought of a res delete but as far as I am aware the 2019+ models with the GPF filter do not have a resonator from factory. Am I right in saying this? Also if that is the case and there is no resonator to delete what are the other options to get a bit more sound? Or is the only option to get a new exhaust system fitted altogether. Thanks for any help,

Joe.
    • By a3scott20
      Modding List Update - October 24 2019 Edited

Performance: (503WHP & 644NM)
      -TurboTechnics V5 Turbo
      -TurboTechnics LHD Intake Pipe
      -RacingLine Oil Catch Can System
      -RacingLine R600 Intake System
      -Fluidampr Crank Pulley
      -APR High Pressure Fuel Pump
      -APR Intercooler System
      -APR Silicone Boost Hoses
      -Aquamist HFS4 Meth System Direct Port Injection
      -HurricaneSport Catless Downpipe
      -Volkswagen Akrapovic Titanium axleback
      -PagParts Walbro 525LPH Low Pressure Fuel Pump
      -Torqbyte PM4 High Power LPFP Controller
      -LiteBlox LB26XX LiFePO4 Lightweight Battery
      -KakaRakis Performance Billet Intake Manifold
      -Grams 70mm Larger Throttle Body

Software:
      -HurricaneSport ECU Stage3 Tune
      -HurricaneSport TCU Stage3 Tune
      -United Motorsport Haldex Tune

Interior:
      -EZT Carbon/Napa Edition Steering Wheel
      -Corbeau RRS Seats
      -BFI DSG Knob
      -LEYO DSG Shift Paddle
      -AEM Boost Gauge
      -Aquamist Meth Flow Gauge
      -Aquamist 10L Internally Baffled Tank

Chassis:
      -KW DCC
      -Eibach Front & Rear Sway bar
      -APR MQB Pendulum Mount
      ***APR S01 Forged 19" Wheels***
      ***Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 19" tires***
      ***KYO-EI Ti64 Wheel Bolts***

Braking:
      -Alcon Car89 Brake System 380mm Discs
      -Rear 370mm Discs upgrade

Exterior:
      -Maxton Design Full Body Kit

Hello everyone,

This is Scott from Taiwan 😀 I am here since January but was just lurking around and watching everybody's build thread.

After 4 months waiting, dealer told me the car has finally arrived and asked me if I would like to see the car before the official pick-up date, it was really excited for me so I went to the dealer....

Car Spec: LapizBlue | 7-Speed DSG (DQ381) | DCC | Dynaudio | Pretonia |ACC

My previous car is AUDI A3 Sportback 2.0T FWD DSG, and was running Pagpart's EFR7163 big turbo kit that made 530WHP & 660NM. The reason I got rid of my 7163 A3 is because I would like to play something different but AWD car, running big power 530WHP on a FWD car was really really terrible once WOT, kind of scary to drive the car at that time.

• By GuyKitch
      I think it's time to set up a thread for my Golf. I did this on MiniTorque a few years ago with my R53 Cooper S and all of a sudden it went like a bat out of hell and I spent thousands.

That's what I plan on doing again, but on a better car, and this time, with more displacement, 4wd and a turbo. More potential for sure.

Picked up the car mid-April. I was looking around and originally was planning on getting DSG, and in the Lapiz blue. Went to Leicester to test drive theirs, but when I arrived, I was told it had sold. Great customer service. Anyway, back in Northampton we have a Parkway dealer. I test drove their Black 14 plate Golf R, fully specced apart from Pro Nav (bummer) and fell in love. Torquey, comfortable and full of gadgets. Everything I was lacking in the Cooper S (a shelled out tin can with bucket seats). I left a deposit and picked it up the following weekend.

I quickly got bored with the power. It just wasn't aggressive enough. Felt quick initially but the inertia of power quickly faded away. I was in communication with Will @ VRS Northampton (handy for me, only about 7 miles away) over email for a while, before I booked in for an APR Stage 1 Low Output map.

This transformed the car - how it should have been from factory. The turbo has a noticeably more satisfying note, the car pulls significantly harder and hits 1xx with ease. But, I have to go all out, or nothing at all, so this is only the beginning.

The clutch is slipping intermittently, so a quick call to Will to purchase their daddy of Paddle clutches. This should be fitted this week, along with VWR springs (coilovers are 100% in the pipeline, but not a necessity just yet).

Then the fun really begins. Stay tuned.

CURRENT SPEC (15/06/16)

- APR Stage 1 Low Output
      - Sachs Performance Clutch 4 Paddle Sintered
      - Carbon Mirror Caps
      - VWR Lowering Springs
      - Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2 18" w/ Pilot Cup 2's
    • By samharris1993
      Just picked up my 2018 golf R and i would like to set the exhaust valves fully open in all modes. Any suggestions? i have OBDeleven pro on its way and it should be here in a few days.
    • By podpod
      hey guys i am experiencing a vibration at speed 70+ to 77 Mph as mentioned on @Scanner  thread who seems to have the same problem... 

as quoted "the car has on a few occasions had a strong vibration throughout the cabin when travelling at 70-85 mph.  Seems to happen on very well surfaced roads and is less noticeable on rougher surfaces"

but now as my plot thickens i feel it deserves its own thread.

long story short is i have a 2019 estate 
      DCC
      PAN ROOF

current wheels fitted are a set of brand new RV019's with ps4's, i have attempted to balance the wheels 3 times my next step was to get road force balance but i didn't get a chance to, so decided to let VW have a look.

below is an extract of the techs video report, can anyone give advice on what they think it may be, surely not all 4 of my wheels are not buckled i've probably only done 800 miles on them, does this look like a wheel bearing problem??