Kev.k

Cheapest supplier for 19” Pretoria’s

I’ve been looking at 19” Pretoria’s and I’ve been shocked by the prices I’ve seen. 

Does anyone one know the cheapest place to buy them? I don’t want reps due to a bad previous experience with them. 

Thanks

I was in the same boat at yourself whereby I wanted 19 inch Pretorias which were not reps as I have heard/seen bad things about replica wheels.

After doing plenty of research, your best bet is waiting for a used set which sell for around £1000 and refurbishing them if necessary. However, used ones are like gold dust. They go up for sale rarely and get snatched up very quickly when they do. This is why I settled on genuine 18s. Completely understand why you wouldn't want 18s though as they are a bit marmite.

There has been discussion over on this thread (https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/25340-pretoria-alloys-aftermarket/?page=4) about CM Wheels' 19 inch replicas. Some members have bought them and had them fitted and the consensus seems to be pretty good, especially for £500 a set.

Hope this helps and good luck with your search :)

Reps are stronger than OEM.

OEM are weak, have a search around and even the slightest encounter with a pot hole could wreck the wheel.

Rep prets are around £500 for a full set and choice of 3 colours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They’re so expensive I was looking at HRE FF01 as a alternative. The 18”s are really good value in comparison. 

Im not keen on reps as they are heavy and hit and miss with quality. Most are cast in China. There is a comparison vid on you tube using a fake Pretoria that cracks really badly. I know CM reps have a good reputation on m3 cutters too though. I’m not saying the wheel was the same as theirs. 

Ive not bought a car yet. One that I was very interested in has Cadiz, but I want 19” wheels preferably oem. The cost of the wheels means it makes sense to find one with Pretoria’s already fitted.

I was gutted when I seen the price of them, as I really like the car. But add the cost of prets or a decent set of 19’s and you’re not far off a 2015 8v rs3.

On 4/11/2018 at 22:19, Kev.k said:

They’re so expensive I was looking at HRE FF01 as a alternative. The 18”s are really good value in comparison. 

Im not keen on reps as they are heavy and hit and miss with quality. Most are cast in China. There is a comparison vid on you tube using a fake Pretoria that cracks really badly. I know CM reps have a good reputation on m3 cutters too though. I’m not saying the wheel was the same as theirs. 

Ive not bought a car yet. One that I was very interested in has Cadiz, but I want 19” wheels preferably oem. The cost of the wheels means it makes sense to find one with Pretoria’s already fitted.

I was gutted when I seen the price of them, as I really like the car. But add the cost of prets or a decent set of 19’s and you’re not far off a 2015 8v rs3.

Hi Kev,

May be worth taking a look into WSP Italy wheels, they do a lot of reps that are all made in Italy I believe.

I had a set of Audi Rotors from them and they were great quality, set me back around £1,100 for 19'' a few year back so rather expensive in comparison to other reps but worth it imo.

I’ve replica prets from ccm wheels and the quality really is oem if there was one tiny critism it’s the the centre of the wheel Is slightly smaller than the hub but I definatly wouldn’t pay extra for genuine ones especially how many I’ve seen buckled 

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 20:26, Deelo said:

I was in the same boat at yourself whereby I wanted 19 inch Pretorias which were not reps as I have heard/seen bad things about replica wheels.

After doing plenty of research, your best bet is waiting for a used set which sell for around £1000 and refurbishing them if necessary. However, used ones are like gold dust. They go up for sale rarely and get snatched up very quickly when they do. This is why I settled on genuine 18s. Completely understand why you wouldn't want 18s though as they are a bit marmite.

There has been discussion over on this thread (https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/25340-pretoria-alloys-aftermarket/?page=4) about CM Wheels' 19 inch replicas. Some members have bought them and had them fitted and the consensus seems to be pretty good, especially for £500 a set.

Hope this helps and good luck with your search :)

Sorry to bring up an old post but im after some genuine gloss black 18" pretorias just like yourself, where would be the best place for this? and how much roughly

4 minutes ago, Kayar7R said:

Sorry to bring up an old post but im after some genuine gloss black 18" pretorias just like yourself, where would be the best place for this? and how much roughly

No worries. Your local TPS seems to be the best place on sourcing these however, I personally rang my local VW dealership as they offered the same price as TPS and they booked me in for fitting as well.

Pictures and part numbers over on this thread: https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/25140-gloss-black-18”-prets/

2 minutes ago, Deelo said:

No worries. Your local TPS seems to be the best place on sourcing these however, I personally rang my local VW dealership as they offered the same price as TPS and they booked me in for fitting as well.

Pictures and part numbers over on this thread: https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/25140-gloss-black-18”-prets/

Thanks for your response mate, just so I am aware roughly on pricing, would you mind me asking how much yours come to?

4 minutes ago, Kayar7R said:

Thanks for your response mate, just so I am aware roughly on pricing, would you mind me asking how much yours come to?

Of course not, no worries.

I paid £1,008 for the wheels and £60 for the fitting of my own supplied tyres. Pricing could be different now as I ordered them June/July last year but at least this gives you a rough idea. Hope that helps.

1 minute ago, Deelo said:

Of course not, no worries.

I paid £1,008 for the wheels and £60 for the fitting of my own supplied tyres. Pricing could be different now as I ordered them June/July last year but at least this gives you a rough idea. Hope that helps.

Thats great, thanks very much mate! Will contact my local Vw

On 11/04/2018 at 21:50, slider09 said:

even the slightest encounter with a pot hole could wreck the wheel.

Are they really this weak 😦 I’m planning on buying a approved used R this weekend and have especially chosen one with Prets because I love the way they look but I have hit some major pot holes in my 1 year ownership of my current R with 18” Cadiz on.

Hopefully the warranty would cover them if anything did go wrong, or are they wear and tear?

Are they really this weak I’m planning on buying a approved used R this weekend and have especially chosen one with Prets because I love the way they look but I have hit some major pot holes in my 1 year ownership of my current R with 18” Cadiz on.

Hopefully the warranty would cover them if anything did go wrong, or are they wear and tear?
I doubt warranty would cover a rim hitting a pothole, it's the danger with any low profile wheel unfortunately, the price we pay for looks at the end of the day. I think you can get wheel/tyre insurance can't you? Keep meaning to look into that, and sort out gap insurance!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk