Hi guys and girls just thought I’d share a couple of Images of my Golf R and the progress. 

I’ve owned the car since jan 2018 and since then I’ve added a Maxton design rear spoiler, black wrapped the chrome grille and bumper inserts. Replaced the vw badges with black and white badges. Swapped the chrome mirror caps to black and changed from 18” candiz wheels to 19” Pretoria reps in gunmetal with Goodyear eagle F1 accemetric 3 tyres.  Next plans include stage one apr map and dsg map. R600 intake and Emanuel emmotion lowering springs. 

106771F2-2F3B-46F9-8A07-739EE7C39695.jpeg

4F528803-0620-4BBF-8753-D569E7352693.jpeg

69FC780B-3832-4945-BA05-6EE5A56557C1.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Msportman said:

Looks great

Havent blacked out mine but I like the subtle Maxtron spoiler.

Youll love the APR high torque map. Don't forget the elbow pipe that connects to the R600 as you gain another 10bhp.

Thanks I’m going to get a turbo technics intake pipe. After thinking long and hard about remaps and speaking to a few tuners I’ve decided to go Revo rather than Apr I think it will be more suited my driving style .  Got my res delete and some sill protectors going on this week and ordered the R600 so getting there slowly 

Stunning Dan . Looking awesome 😎 love the contrast and I have the same rear Maxton fin on My tornado red and love it.

I’ve gone JB4 for a year or so until a little has been worn off the warranty .

Really transformed the R.

youll love Revo or APR 

lovely motor 👍👍

On 29 April 2018 at 09:10, Dan1982 said:

Thanks I’m going to get a turbo technics intake pipe. After thinking long and hard about remaps and speaking to a few tuners I’ve decided to go Revo rather than Apr I think it will be more suited my driving style .  Got my res delete and some sill protectors going on this week and ordered the R600 so getting there slowly 

APR and Revo are good tuners....,I went APR as I've run stage 3 on different platform and ran a MKIV APR track car running stage 2......did over a 100k and lots of track work. Didn't miss a beat.

1 hour ago, Msportman said:

APR and Revo are good tuners....,I went APR as I've run stage 3 on different platform and ran a MKIV APR track car running stage 2......did over a 100k and lots of track work. Didn't miss a beat.

From what I understand Revo is more oem style and I really don’t drive my golf hard so low down power will suit me better

Made some more progress on the golf today. Retro fitted the reversing camera this morning. Not to difficult a job just time consuming. Also fitted zaustworks resonator delete and coded out the sound aktor. Really impressed with the additional pops and sound for £50.  Sadly I’m still waiting for my R600 intake and door sill protectors to arrive so they will wait until next weekend. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Current Donation Goals

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• By Bazzy200
      I bought a used car with an automatic transmission (DSG) a few days ago. It has 245k km on it.

Today while driving I realized that DSG seems to be slipping when shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear. It revs a bit higher before shifting. It revs like 100-300rpm higher and then shifts. I also hear it from the engine when it revs higher. I tested the DSG in M mode and it shifts perfectly without revving
      Higher than expected. What could possibly be cousing this?

Here is a video while it does it:
      https://imgur.com/gallery/gB1fPcn

• By MR LUNCH
      Hi all

I have a set of 19" OEM Pretoria black alloy wheels on my car which I would like to swap for OEM Pretoria hyper silver wheels.
      (Mine only 2 scuff marks but I have wheel insurance so I will get repaired before swapping)
      If there is anyone out there who would be interested in an exchange to these with OEM Pretoria hyper silver alloys I would be very interested.
      There is a garage next to my house so we can get our tyres swapped over.

Thanks

• By Mattalica10
      Hello all, 

I am stage 1 ECU/TCU tuned with R-Tech and the gearbox is acting a little strange when I hit the loud pedal. Sometimes when I boot it in 1st, it climbs through the rev range and wants to hesitate when changing into second gear and holds back for a split second, then changes gear and off it goes through the rev range like nothings wrong. Its also done this a couple of times going from 2nd to 3rd. This is usually done in Race mode and gearbox in S. Both manual and auto mode. 

Any one come across this type of thing before?

Also when plodding around car parks or town, when i'm at around 2-10mph it likes to increase up on the revs all on its own when coasting. Only very marginal but it likes to 'hang on' (best way to describe it). Quite a difficult one to explain, but if you've encountered the same thing, you'll know exactly what im on about. 

All advice welcome, Cheers. 
    • By holtii
      Had my new Golf R for almost 2 weeks now, after a disastrous delivery and almost wanting to send the car back because the one they dropped off was missing the keyless and also had no reversing camera fitted which is now standard I believe, but I could not wait or be without a car so I accepted it. Since then I have been struggling to love it, I came from a Scirocco R so not much of a step up to be honest, in some ways it feels 'cheaper' 

A couple of questions I have is does the thing really require running in? 

I've put some CM wheels Pretorias on but at motorway speed and 80mph+ the vibration in the front seats is terrible like my wheels are not balanced even though they have been, how can I stop this ?

Also I hate the soundaktor, but being a WLTP car it only pops on the overrun when in race mode on 'engine sound' selection, I have tried in individual to set it to eco but still be in race on the drive select but then it no longer pops on overrun, is this normal ?

• By Hassleheff
      Afternoon, 

67 plate DSG R is short shifting in manual from 3rd to 4th at around 4,500 rpm intermittently. 

Master tech at local VW dealer took car out, experienced the fault and immediately said it was an issue / error and that diagnostics would have to be plugged in during one of these short shifts and the data 'sent off' to VW for them to advise. 

Fast forward 2 weeks, the car is in, master tech is on holiday, another technician is handling the car.  After 3 days I call and they say VW have said:

1: It is a normal traction control feature.
      2: The technician didn't send off any data that included a short shift, just general gearbox diagnostics data during a normal run.

I now seem like the bad guy with the local dealer for suggesting the technician hasn't done what the master technician asked to be done and 2, I am being told that a short shift in manual is a perfectly normal safety feature?

Advice on both would be appreciated. If I am wrong I am wrong, just want to know. 

Cheers.