Sign in to follow this  
luke41

first service

Hi my car is due its first service in the next month. I didnt buy a service plan when i first brought it, 2 month old ex directors car.   

Now is the first service just an oil service?    dealer i brought it from is quoting me £164  which is bloody dear for an oil change....now a main dealer thats slightly closer to me has quoted £134 for it    cheaper one being parkway leicester ....  dearer one arthur prince   

can the cheaper one be trusted to do a oil change with no balls ups .... im only using a main dealer for the stamp in service book to be honest  

2 hours ago, Stobsie said:

Can any dealer be trusted? Iirc think the first service on ours was £129 at the time. 

They offer 5% off by booking online so it’s down to £126 ,  guess that’s the way I will go then 

2 hours ago, Raiden said:

Our VW California goes to Parkway in Kettering who also own the Leicester branch.  Never had an issue with them 

That’s good then , I hope they don’t try to wash it  

1 hour ago, luke41 said:

That’s good then , I hope they don’t try to wash it  

They’ll probably get the yts lad to wash it with a brush to do you a favour valeting the car (!), if you don’t tell them otherwise - always best to ask them not to imho anyway.