DonalM

Donal's Pure White Mk7 Golf R

Hey guys,

Going to start a thread for this as kind of a timeline of where it's at and also as I'm quite fussy, I think a thread is a great thing to show the level of care we take in our cars should we ever decide to sell.

Picked it up a little less than a month ago, I traded in my Mk7 Golf Gti for it. It's a 2016 plate and it's a manual.

I've owned a DSG Mk5 Gti before and while it really is an incredible box and arguably quicker, I always missed a manual.

Anyway, the extras:

Nav

19" Pretorias

Leather

ACC

Morning I picked it up, sorry for phone pics:

I'll take some proper ones soon.

Even though I've only owned it a short while I've got a good few bits done to it.

Before I had even signed for it properly it had been booked in for Revo Stage 1 and an uprated clutch. 😂😂

More details to come....

2018-03-22_14.25.07.jpg

2018-03-22_14.24.41.jpg

7 hours ago, gregozedobe said:

Just so you know, we can't see your pics - the usual photobucket rip-off where they are trying to force people to pay for what used to be a free service (well, paid for by ads etc).

Ah, so that's the problem, thanks.

What is everyone using to upload now? Tapatalk?

17 hours ago, DonalM said:

Ah, so that's the problem, thanks.

What is everyone using to upload now? Tapatalk?

This forum has a feature where you can upload directly to the website from whatever device you’re using. 

Just below the post comment box theres a paperclip sign and it says click to choose files. Pretty straight forward from there. 

Looking forward to seeing your pictures and updates as I myself am a fellow manual owner. I’ll be going for more power shortly too, so I’m interested to read your thoughts on the new clutch and power improvement. 

5 hours ago, E-V-A-N-S said:

This forum has a feature where you can upload directly to the website from whatever device you’re using. 

Just below the post comment box theres a paperclip sign and it says click to choose files. Pretty straight forward from there. 

Looking forward to seeing your pictures and updates as I myself am a fellow manual owner. I’ll be going for more power shortly too, so I’m interested to read your thoughts on the new clutch and power improvement. 

Thanks a mill man.

That's so much easier 😁.

New clutch is awesome, way more feel to it. Just need a pedal box now to bring the accelerator up to par. 

The mods so far.

Sachs Performance Organic Clutch Kit

Revo Stage 1

Resonator Delete

Carbon Fibre Mirrors

Carbon Fibre Maxton Design Front Lip

K&N Panel Filter/ Grate removed

Bilstein B14 Coilovers

2018-03-29_22.37.03.jpg

2018-03-30_12.50.07.jpg

2018-04-11_19.54.30.jpg

1 hour ago, Country Boy said:

How you finding the b14's? Got any pics with them fitted?

Really good, drives beautiful, a touch bouncy on low speed cornering but I'm happy with them. 

Proper pics coming soon I hope. 

Have a couple more coming below. 

Fitted the BBS CK's off my old Gti today, I was originally going to sell these but I actually really like how they look even though they meed to be spaced out a little.

Again, apologies for the rubbish phone pics, hopefully shoot with my Canon soon. 

2018-04-18_18.55.56.jpg

20180418_180408.jpg

2018-04-18_20.24.52.jpg