ALS391

Alcantara heaven

Once you know what your trying to do easy, this guys vid is superb,

messing with airbags you need to disconnect the battery first,

but my car has keyless stop/start so first had to free the airbag as you need to turn wheel 180 degrees to release,

then disconnected battery

unplugged airbag

unscrewed wheel with a star drive socket, ( I raided brothers garage for this ) spline is marked so easy to line up when putting back

worst bit is unplugging the trim start from bottom first, there's about 10 plugs that just push in but really tight, my nails are still hurting now

unplug electrical connection from paddles

2 x torx screws holding paddles 

1 minute ago, RJW79 said:

I just paid Royalsteering wheels to re-furb  and fit :-)

Royal did a Jag I owned a couple of years ago but had to post the wheel as based in the north west so found a removal thread and bought a replacement wheel for £150 on the bay, but the airbag was really dodgy to removed so not sure I want to do that with the R. 

Mine was done online via post by Gary Swandells but it does look very much like RJW79's

Gary does a very good ' donor ' wheel service which I've used twice now, spot on

My previous wheel on my A45 I did 41k, it was unmarked and showed no signs of wear/ sweat damage, I only ever cleaned it with a damp cloth, top notch quality and I know he does lots of top end stuff for performance cars etc

It depends what you want mine was £260, full black alcantara (my pics make it look grey but it's very black), blue stitching and blue marker.

So you order and pay, he gets the donor wheel trimmed about 2 weeks, when it's ready you pay a 'donor wheel' deposit, wheel posted out,  you fit, return wheel, Collect+, costed £7.29, he receives wheel and returns deposit.

I really struggled to find anyone who did them up here in North West so suited me perfectly

can't recommend enough

[email protected]     based in Milton Keynes, he also has an eBay site    https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/the_real_hairy_haggis

Hi, I have just had my Royalsteering wheel with extra padding fitted. I have noticed now the DSG Paddles are too close to the steering wheel and wont change the gears up and down properly. 

Have any of you come across this problem and is there a way to fix it?

Thanks

On 18/04/2018 at 03:02, ALS391 said:

So had my R a few weeks now just had my wheel retrimmed 100% alcantara with blue bits absolutely stunning, never cold in winter,

just makes such a difference to the drive experience and at least 50bhp gain in performance 😀

P1000176.thumb.JPG.add5ca4cf7fca4d5bfaaefeeec58bc8d.JPGP1000174.thumb.JPG.24d757a561a401d934005c9834e9058f.JPGP1000172.thumb.JPG.dada3e76e2909aba95a799f18804bd59.JPG

Looks great Alan...Nice work!!...Love the pics..:afro:

On 25/09/2018 at 16:10, OC2000 said:

Hi, I have just had my Royalsteering wheel with extra padding fitted. I have noticed now the DSG Paddles are too close to the steering wheel and wont change the gears up and down properly. 

Thanks

Yes just the same. Tried squashing the trim overnight with creditcards but not good enough so had to remove the paddles again and add a couple of washers and then not tightrn it up to much. Still very solid and works as it should 👍

On 25/09/2018 at 16:10, OC2000 said:

Thanks

Mine is the same by only on the right paddle 🤔 it works but you have to press it a little harder but you don’t Feel the usual click when you press it. 

Did you contact royal steering wheels about this? If so what did he suggest? 

Mine is the same by only on the right paddle it works but you have to press it a little harder but you don’t Feel the usual click when you press it. 

Did you contact royal steering wheels about this? If so what did he suggest? 
I guess if you have asked for padding on the wheel then it isnt really something you can complain about is it? Same if you fit the paddle extenders that stick on and you get the same problem

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk