LV definitely seem to be mod friendly.

quite a few across on BMW forum went with LV with mods and either zero change or minimal change.

other companies seem to just be pathetic in how they handle simple cosmetic mods susceptible as blades etc.

some even try to increase premiums for winter tyres... naughty.

LV with me too. The reneway went up by about £30 so I shopped around and still coudn't beat it so left it to run another year. Phoned up to add aftermarket exhaust and premium jumped by £14 !

LV definitely seem to be mod friendly.

quite a few across on BMW forum went with LV with mods and either zero change or minimal change.

other companies seem to just be pathetic in how they handle simple cosmetic mods susceptible as blades etc.

some even try to increase premiums for winter tyres... naughty.
Admiral used to be quite good then all of a sudden they jumped up

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

For me it's "Induction Kit" and "Engine Tuning" (which to me means a tuning box) covered on my policy. Full ECU remap tended to make a big jump in premium when I testing the prices when getting a quote....

I noticed this a couple of days ago when I got a quote. Difference between standard and engine remap is about £1200. Yet others have said LV are very mod friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My insurance with LV only went up £60 when adding chip tuning  - for a stage 1 remap.
Yep same here around £45. Aftermarket wheels, catback exhaust & Pedal Box all free, previously wheel spacers were free too

10 minutes ago, LapizzR said:

what happens if you don't declare with your insurance provider? getting a remus exhaust fitted soon, what happens if i don't tell my insurance provider?

If you don’t declare your mods to your insurer, and something happens to the car (and you make a claim) and it can be linked to the modification, then your insurer is is unlikely to pay out.  

5 minutes ago, Booth11 said:

If you don’t declare your mods to your insurer, and something happens to the car (and you make a claim) and it can be linked to the modification, then your insurer is is unlikely to pay out.  

looks like my insurance is going up... thanks darling :) 

what happens if you don't declare with your insurance provider? getting a remus exhaust fitted soon, what happens if i don't tell my insurance provider?

As Booth has said, you run the risk of not getting paid out should you need to claim.

Not the brightest thing to do. If you mod anything let your insurers know.

2 minutes ago, slider09 said:

As Booth has said, you run the risk of not getting paid out should you need to claim.

Not the brightest thing to do. If you mod anything let your insurers know.

thanks mate, will do

I phoned LV and they were fine with me fitting a Remus, I told them it was a resonated valved catback exhaust, same setup up oem but aftermarket and they were fine, no extra charge.

Only thing to remember is if any mid is damaged you would not get it replaced with anything other than stock, although I bet a stock exhaust from VW is more expensive!