Sign in to follow this  
iain1987

The blue beast[emoji41]

So i thought id start a build thread. More so just to keep a history of everything for when/if i sell in the future.

Some of it is copy and pasted from another forum to save me time.

So here goes.....

23/12/17

So after the edition 30 i've got myself a lapiz blue golf r mk7. 

Picked the car up from falkirk on the 19th of december.
Fvwsh. 
36k on the clock. 
6 month warranty. 
5 door. 
Sat nav.
Dsg.

Anyway i had already booked it in at volkswagen for an oil change on the 20th of dec, so had that done all good. Somthing didn't feel right as it was wheel spinning alot more than my edition 30 and that was stage 2+ and golf r just didn't feel as planted.

I already had it booked in for a haldex fluid and dsg fluid change and stage 1 apr reflash and dyno on the thursday at ecotune. so i got them to check it out etc. The haldex pump wasn't working hence the wheel spinning. cut a long story short, a bit of messing about with the dealership for a few hours and it finally got sorted, booked back in for the 5th of january. 

So through the holidays i got a few other things done....

Eiback pro kit springs fitted 10mm/15mm.
Audi resonator delete kit.
Some alluminium black paddles.
Vinyl strip door guards.
Climair wind deflectors.
Pipercross panel airfilter.
Goluk t1 front and rear dash cams with  parking security mode.

So finally the 5th came so haldex fitted etc and now to the dyno. I wasn't expecting it to get over 360bhp but its final run made 381bhp and 390ftlb which i was suprised about. It was finally getting to drive it with 4wd working i was most looking forward. It's insane just sticks to the road and gets the power down so well. 

Some pics of the edition 30 aswell. f096b3e5ff18e3818accfba4d491fcfb.jpg7188b5456335c8e7118603e0e0fad7b0.jpg00e51d6f6543ce41e3f6bb56604ba628.jpg2b936d2098cca30049a1f43762e1b015.jpgafc4ebd217c6b2eec8c3c274d8da13db.jpg

27/01/18

Had a busy week. 

Fitted maxtondesign sideskirt diffuser's and rear little side diffusers. (Wasn't sure about these)

Front and rear brake discs and pads and brake lines. 

Some rs6 alloys 19" with 4 goodyear eagle f1's (again wasn't sure about these) growing on me.

It's booked in for ceramic 9h coating nextweek.

Here's some pictures. Scottish weather isn't allowing me to keep it clean. fe46d94b5f714b0350b2bb5c45a8381b.jpg5d391493269daa9dfecbcdb8e5546ee4.jpg4f90f9de0deaec7cbb2060bfa341b6c1.jpg

2/5/18

So got a few parts fitted. 

Scorpion downpipe with sportscat.

Vwr600 intale

Vwr turbo elbow

Vwr muffler delete

Airtec intercooler

Apr dogbone mount

Stage 2 apr map done at ecotune. It made 408bhp and 436ftlb. 

Car does feel fast etc but i'm not sure i like everyday driving with it stage 2, see how it goes in next couple of weeks. 

Had a nightmare with potholes or craters. Buckled a wheel and got it fixed and then today 4 days of having it back i kerbed that wheel. Not kerbed a wheel in about 10year so i've made up for it.

Decided i'm going back to oz wheels, always had a soft spot for them. Seen a cracking deal for a last set of superturismo's in grapthite.

ce0d4672a69c43eefedee4c62e97c3e9.jpg71c2f153c13910952987568a33df6ad5.jpgd750275264fedb5b2b5046673413b80d.jpg4f82c70a719151be80154d8f5eff419c.jpg6984aa79d6a1dab7e46da1804e858226.jpg

Upto date now

These have arrived, some mtec c hook discs.

Bought some bremo 4 pots aswell from another forum member.

These get fitted along with oz superturismos on the 22nd of may.

Since i went stage 2 aswell, i can't live with the drone so i'm booked in at c+c custom exhausts next week to get a silenced mid section fitted.

Also had the autowatch ghost immobiliser fitted a couple month ago aswell for peice of mind.

cff4b554d357280eec230efa62e5a935.jpg5588fb7a1195a785525a614184fc637f.jpg9d7ba7ff0ea130c478ac9bfb00040cb3.jpg4eaeabd2f1063789e5a5febe743d2961.jpg

Great project coming along there mate. I love the rs6 style wheels on these but prefer them done a lighter colour. Like Stefan has on his oryx one. 

Side skirts and rear diffusers look brilliant, cant wait to get them on mine. 

Looking forward to more updates with this, breaks will look awesome 😁.

3 hours ago, iain1987 said:

Stage 2 apr map done at ecotune. It made 408bhp and 436ftlb. 

Car does feel fast etc but i'm not sure i like everyday driving with it stage 2, see how it goes in next couple of weeks. 

May I ask why? Just because of the loud exhaust?

May I ask why? Just because of the loud exhaust?
Yes the exhaust is loud but its more the drone on the motorway, but also the dsg isn't great in normal mode. Constantly sits in 4th at 30mph.

But i now just drive it in manual or in eco in individual mode as then the revs don't drop off when you lift off, so i'm getting use to it now.

Great project coming along there mate. I love the rs6 style wheels on these but prefer them done a lighter colour. Like Stefan has on his oryx one. 

Side skirts and rear diffusers look brilliant, cant wait to get them on mine. 

Looking forward to more updates with this, breaks will look awesome .
Cheer mate.i love the wheels also but sadly they're coming off next week.

I keep seeing the wheels in little colour which i think does look nicer, as the the diamond cut and grey tie in better imo.

Airtec intercooler is a rare fit on a mk7 Have you done any IAT measurements most people go for the Wagner. ? Ecotec recommendation perhaps?

looks awesome 😎 

Airtec intercooler is a rare fit on a mk7 Have you done any IAT measurements most people go for the Wagner. ? Ecotec recommendation perhaps?

looks awesome  

No i've not took any measurements etc. From the little research i did do. Airtec were getting good reveiws from what i read.

I don't track the car so i went for the airtec and bonus was its a little cheaper.

I've heard wagner is the one to beat. Never had a problem with the airtec though and it fits well.

Do you mean ecotune recommendation? Nope haha. They like to try sell things though give them that

Cheers pal.

1 minute ago, iain1987 said:

No i've not took any measurements etc. From the little research i did do. Airtec were getting good reveiws from what i read.

I don't track the car so i went for the airtec and bonus was its a little cheaper.

I've heard wagner is the one to beat. Never had a problem with the airtec though and it fits well.

Do you mean ecotune recommendation? Nope haha. They like to try sell things though give them thatemoji23.png

Cheers pal.

Thanks Man yes I had a great price on an airtec when I contemplated Stage 2 very reasonable for the quality 👍👍 

great results 👍👍