Sign in to follow this  
AFLConsult

Racing Line R600 - clean filter or replace

If you look at the ramair induction kit for the R it's identical to the racingline one just £100 cheaper. I presume they make them for Racingline? I wonder how much ramair would charge for the replacement filter? Might be worth checking out.

50 minutes ago, ashleyman said:

What revision is your filter? 

Some of the earlier ones have started to decompose and fall apart in the intake and get sucked into the engine. If you have an early filter, probably best to replace.

Not sure what revision but bought the R600 from Racingline in March 2018 so hopefully the latest version.

I think I might just get a new filter then clean the spare one and change/swap every 3 months

May even go back to the modded stock version 😂😂😂

5 hours ago, Country Boy said:

If you look at the ramair induction kit for the R it's identical to the racingline one just £100 cheaper. I presume they make them for Racingline? I wonder how much ramair would charge for the replacement filter? Might be worth checking out.

The filters look similar but the RamAir is open and the R600 is closed. Never seen a RamAir Intake in person but it doesn't look like the filters are the same. 

The R600 filter is what plugs into the intake hose with the cover holding it all in place. Looks like the RamAir filter has a square end which wouldn't fit into the intake hose. I also can't find just the filter for sale anywhere.

Racingline filters are made by ITG.

They need cleaning every 4000 miles??? A filter thats used In a closed airbox?!

The RamAir intake is pretty similar to the VWR Cup Edition open intake but as said above, totally different filters.

On 16/05/2018 at 19:58, ashleyman said:

What revision is your filter? 

Some of the earlier ones have started to decompose and fall apart in the intake and get sucked into the engine. If you have an early filter, probably best to replace.

What is considered 'early'?

Bought mine late 2016...