1. BobbyT

BobbyT

• Current Donation Goals

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• By Bilal
      Hey guys, completely new to this. 

I have a 2015 7R currently running a custom Racingline stage 1 map and a Res delete, I wanna go that extra bit louder with the decat now. 

Been scouring online for days about all this talk about stage 2 which I really don’t want, I’m happy with the power - I just want the noise. 

I spoke to my tuner who is urging me to get stage 2 for £500 and then intakes etc which I really don’t want, he isn’t really giving me the option to “alter” my current map to support the decat. 

What can I do to get around this? Are their any other reputable companies that could alter my map for a decent price? 

If not I’m looking into just getting a custom backbox delete to make things simpler, but I’m not 100% on the sound. Any recommendations/suggestions? Thank you!! 
    • By starrdogg
      I've have a (2012 Volkswagen Golf R 4 Cylinders F 2.0L MFI Turbo DOHC)(MK6 Golf R) that I've been having some serious clutch issues with. It's Stage 2+ with a turbo-back exhaust, upgraded Powercore intake, Haldex controller, and custom tune (350hp). With this much power, the original owner put in a FX400 8-puck ceramic clutch kit and lightweight flywheel (single mass).

I had the misfortune of the slave cylinder failing 7 months ago, which got fluid on the clutch disk and caused it to slip. After contacting CM and following their guidelines, the clutch was cleaned and the flywheel was resurfaced. I prayed this was the end of the clutch issues (since clutch slips in VWs are something way too common for me ) but a week ago I had a slip in 6th, then 5th, and finally 4th.

I've read online that the FX400 only lasts 20k miles on average. I daily my Golf R and seldom get the chance to track it. Though I'm sure this is one of the most common threads seen on this forum, I wanted to ask for suggestions on a new clutch kit and flywheel. I want to have something that's reliable and good for a daily driver while still being fun and performance-based. I'd say I'm on a tight budget, but I'm willing to put out the extra penny for something that is quality and won't fail.

Thanks for the help guys
    • By JoeB
      Hi there,

So I have a 2019 R which is ofcourse post GPF filter. I would like to modify the exhaust in any way to make is sound a little louder. I originally thought of a res delete but as far as I am aware the 2019+ models with the GPF filter do not have a resonator from factory. Am I right in saying this? Also if that is the case and there is no resonator to delete what are the other options to get a bit more sound? Or is the only option to get a new exhaust system fitted altogether. Thanks for any help,

Joe.
    • By tompower87
      Hi guys,
      New to the forum and I have had my (totaly stock) Golf R for just under a month. Looking at making my first mods. I’m adding a Racingline Filter to the stock filter box and having a Res deleted. I have a Manual so I’m unsure as to what difference it will make to the sound?
      My question is, will I see a noticeable difference in the sound of the car? Also will it add a few more pops and bangs? I know the DSG it makes a big difference but not sure what the difference on a manual will be.
      Thanks. 
    • By ALS391
      WoW crash in Sheffield hope this is nobody on here, whilst looking for this I searched Morrisons vans and there's been dozens of them going over appears to be a very unstable van but worse this car will need a front bumper and given all the bumper thefts in this area I'll have to hide my car at work this week 😟

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/traffic-and-travel/morrisons-van-overturns-in-crash-and-lands-on-parked-car-in-sheffield-street-111272