Sign in to follow this  
Keith@CCC

Maxton Rear Spoiler Colour Coding

On 31/05/2018 at 08:23, [email protected] said:

As the title suggests, has anyone colour coded their Maxton Rear Spoiler Extension? 

Looking at getting one for my Lapiz Blue but think colour coding may look better? Not sure

CC7D8553-41DE-4CAF-A203-45C98B251844.jpeg

Have you done anything regarding this yet bud ??

I have the very same gloss black maxton on a tornado red and Think it may look good body colour 🧐🤔

You could spray that yourself for about 30 quid. Rub down with fine paper, plastic prime, base then lacquer. It's such a small area you should be able to get a good finish if you take your time.

7 hours ago, BobbyT said:

You could spray that yourself for about 30 quid. Rub down with fine paper, plastic prime, base then lacquer. It's such a small area you should be able to get a good finish if you take your time.

Exactly Bob that’s what I may try I have the primer and time I just need the TR and laquer now 👍

10 hours ago, ashleyman said:

I know of someone who has colour coded their in Reflex Silver. 

It looked excellent, so good in fact that I asked around for quotes to get mine sprayed. £300 was the average so it stayed black. 

Thanks Ash. Try the diy bud it’s easy to remove paint in the spare room with the windows open (the wife’ll be happy 😆) then 3M back on..😁 smart.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Current Donation Goals

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• Similar Content

• By ellixtt
      Planning on getting the Maxton splitter for my 7R but Im thinking of buying some lapiz blue vinyl wrap and wrapping it myself (first time 🐵 before I stick it on... I don't mind the gloss black look but I can't help but think it will look better the colour of the car.

Anyone done this?

https://www.maxtondesign.co.uk/spoiler-extension-vw-golf-mk7-r?search=mk7%20golf%20r%20spoiler
    • By ellixtt
      Has anybody got this or can find any pictures? I’m struggling to find anything fitted, looks pretty subtle but I think it would look good.

Im not overly keen on the original maxton rear splitter (beefy one), it only looks good with a big set of exhaust pipes and the car being lowered IMO, so this product may be ideal for me

• By RyanCudlip
      Hi folks,

I'm undecided on what splitter/skirt/diffuser kit to order for my Mk7R. I've narrowed it down to either the TripleR low line kit or the V2 front splitter, V2 rear side splitters and matching skirt from Maxton.

Quality is a big for me as well as the aesthetics of the kit.

Has anyone got these kits fitted? If so, please post some photos below to help with my decision.

Cheers!
    • By Country Boy
      I recently bought some Maxton side skirts from the classifieds and Tams R600 intake and had them fitted at Total Vag in Leighton Buzzard. I love the looks of the skirts as they make the car look visually lower and wider, just need to get matching rear spats and possibly hatch spoiler. The intake sounds lovely, not too loud but just enough whoosh's and chirps. This mixed with the intake pipe/elbow/jb1 has definitely given it more top end and quicker spool.

• By Silk
      I'll let the photo's do the talking. I am ecstatic and knackered. Beer time!

Stock (chrome grilled still wrapped and std mirror covers)

Rusty discs

Standard Cadiz

Disc hubs painted

Wheels unboxed. Ordered Sport Contact 5 but it's 6s that arrived. Must be new?

GTechnic C5 applied to wheels

Wheels fitted on to painted hubs

Quick pic pic with new wheels

Quick wash

UPS Man arrived

Splitters unboxed

Rears and sides fitted

Quick pic

Front bumper removed

Front splitter fitted with lids of glue and bolts as close to the front as possible

Finished!