Hurdy

Hurdy’s 7.5R

A few shots of the R.😎

Running well at the moment. Just had it’s 3rd service in 14,500 miles including DSG service.

[email protected] 1/4 mile

6.65 for 100-200kph

0-60mph in 3.00

60-130mph in 7.85

All times done with full weight and 99ron only on road tyres. 👍

D2EC83C5-1D5C-46B9-8514-B8E0107ACE79.jpeg

D9E9089A-D8C9-43CE-A082-4E6701912F34.jpeg

E72BE7B5-22FD-449A-998F-B9B5E22F2F50.png

BAF2A4A4-ABEE-4FB7-8C7C-852B35032833.jpeg

36E273A8-C988-46E5-BEA3-534EACDE745F.jpeg

CFE02F46-DA3F-4CFF-84E0-3EDC758348E9.jpeg

On 04/03/2020 at 19:30, invisiblekid said:

About f**king time @Hurdy 😘

Seriously though dude, congratulations! It's shame the 6R didn't make it - those damn clutches... 

Yep, with hindsight a new set of clutchpacks would 100% have had me into the 10’s with the 6R.

To consider that the 6R needed WMI, full strip out, carbon replacement parts, sticky tyres and a lot of patience to finally get it to [email protected] and now the 7.5R makes [email protected] with a basic stage 3 conversion, on normal road fuel, road tyres and full weight is phenomenal. 👍😎

15 hours ago, starmagsi said:

Only just found this thread, great car and well done!

How much difference to that time do you think sticky tyres and a bit of weight loss would make?

Sticky tyres and weight loss should drop the time to around the 10.65 to 10.75 time bracket.

Launch is decent anyway, so I doubt sticky tyres would improve the time much.

weight reduction is key, reducing the weight by 80 to 100kg should easily drop 0.1 to 0.2 off the full weight time.

battery weight is just over 20kg, so that can be dropped by 10kg, removing the rear bench is nearly 20kg, removing the spare tyre is another 20kg, passenger seat is over 25kg and a race driver seat would reduce the weight by another 10kg.

that little lot is 85kg..😎

Thats getting serious hurdy but big respect the engine in the mk7 as we know is outstanding

ive come back to a golf r from a rs3 pfl 05 plate and i find the engine more eager than the 5 pot and handling wise 

10 hours ago, Hurdy said:

Sticky tyres and weight loss should drop the time to around the 10.65 to 10.75 time bracket.

weight reduction is key, reducing the weight by 80 to 100kg should easily drop 0.1 to 0.2 off the full weight time.

battery weight is just over 20kg, so that can be dropped by 10kg, removing the rear bench is nearly 20kg, removing the spare tyre is another 20kg, passenger seat is over 25kg and a race driver seat would reduce the weight by another 10kg.

I know very little about these kind of things to be honest, was actually expecting you to say the tyres would have most impact having assumed that the drivetrain/launch would start to struggle under that kind of pressure... Impressive to hear that's not the case.

On 24/03/2020 at 09:37, Hurdy said:

Looks pretty bleak doing any sort of drag racing for the rest of the year due to this virus.

I know all of my motorsport events/track days are cancelled.

On 28/03/2020 at 11:27, Msportman said:

Looks pretty bleak doing any sort of drag racing for the rest of the year due to this virus.

I know all of my motorsport events/track days are cancelled.

I feel your pain. I was looking forward to smashing out a 10.6 at the Pod this year.😭

12 hours ago, Hurdy said:

I feel your pain. I was looking forward to smashing out a 10.6 at the Pod this year.😭

Yeap pretty painful. 
I just hope that the venues/ tracks have enough reserves to make it thru this period so they can carry on as usual as some smaller businesses are predicted to fail. I would think the likes of the bigger venues such as Donnington Park, Combe and Bedford will survive.

Somebody mentioned Goodwood FOS being moved to September?

Yeap pretty painful. 
I just hope that the venues/ tracks have enough reserves to make it thru this period so they can carry on as usual as some smaller businesses are predicted to fail. I would think the likes of the bigger venues such as Donnington Park, Combe and Bedford will survive.
Somebody mentioned Goodwood FOS being moved to September?
Hope so too, finally got our track car sorted in Feb and it hasn't moved since

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk