JaseW

Having to do a manual engine restart after start/stop kicks in.

2 hours ago, Unlucky stu said:

No Park or door open, just light on dual carriage way

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Have you ever scanned or had the car scanned for faults, could be an intermittent fault with a door switch or sensor.

Mine did it last week. Second time only. Waiting in a traffic queue. No doors opened or in park?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have noticed when on my own it says immobiliser active but if you start it then by touching accelerator or steering it will start, but if not it says safe in the corner then it asks for Manuel restart, as I was talking g at time I missed it, it seems to be at long stagger junctions, but mostly months apart, I think it is to clever for its own good and gets confused.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Has happened once on my car - I use the ghost app and never had an issue, but the wife had it for the day and uses the code, this happened to her at some lights also.

Has this happened to anyone who doesn't have a ghost fitted?

Tam

On 06/07/2018 at 12:55, JaseW said:

No idea, but kind of defeats the object of having dsg I reckon?

I think it would ask you to restart again....

Mine restarts on it's own if I put it in P, then select D. 7.5R

Today I had my third experience of the car telling me to manually restart the engine whilst I have been sat at traffic lights for a period of time. (Can’t say how long as I don’t know, but would say longer than a minute)

Start/stop is enabled so obviously cuts out when it should do at the lights but then I have gone to pull away and nothing.... except the car telling me to start the engine again manually?????

Then because I’m in drive on the dsg I have to put it back to park, press the start button, key in my ghost code, press start again, select drive and drive off.... all except the lights have now changed to red and I have loads of angry drivers beeping their horns at me.

Has only happened on 3 occasions in the past year and I can’t tell what the difference is between when this happens and when it doesn’t to trigger this behaviour.....

only common denominator is that it’s happened whilst at the same set of traffic lights on each occasion..... which can’t be the reason lol.

Anyone else had any experience of this??

Have you found out how to disable the stop start using the ghost, it is great as it disables it from the start and you have to press the button to put it on, which seems to be what most people want it to do on here

Have you found out how to disable the stop start using the ghost, it is great as it disables it from the start and you have to press the button to put it on, which seems to be what most people want it to do on here

No mate I haven’t..... I guess it’s the obvious without stating the obvious..... lol