Luke_M87

What do you dislike about your R?

Ok so we all love our R's, rightly so they are an absolute hoot!

But no car is without it's faults.

I'll start with my 2 biggest peev's 

1. The pathetic turning circle with Pretoria's 

2. The boot space for a car this size is tiny (no i don't want a hearse) 

Ok so we all love our R's, rightly so they are an absolute hoot!
But no car is without it's faults.

I'll start with my 2 biggest peev's 

1. The pathetic turning circle with Pretoria's 
2. The boot space for a car this size is tiny (no i don't want a hearse) 
The fact that somebody else may want it more than me, and they don't want to save up for one

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I don’t hate it- but the small mirrors annoy me. I constantly have to check and move forward to check again - sometimes think my bike has a better view. I don’t use that middle thing hardly at all coming from trucks- I would just like them a smidge bigger. 

For me its the flat area of the bumper at the tailgate. Water just pools there and leaves dirty marks, doesn't help my my R is white.

Agreed (white hearse here).
I wonder if it’s going to suffer dirty bottom syndrome that my polo hatch does. Rest of the car can look ok, and the you walk round the back... Ugh!

I love and hate the DSG in equal measures. Great for traffic driving but I’ve been (re)taught to drive 3rd for 30 (still do in the polo), not 6th or 7th. Still to get my old head properly round using flappy paddles to do this...

Last gripe (and trust me I love mine), is there appears to be no roof points to use a cargo net hitched to the roof from the rear seats instead of the fabric cover. For someone who camps that would be great to stuff the boot to the roof safely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The volume knob - I can't stand the standby bit facing a different way than the way it should be - upside down drives me mental (my mummy did say I am a special child!)

Build quality - not great - a bit squeeky

SOmetimes it feels a bit to firm (suspension wise) - should have got DCC or whatever its called for the different settings of suspension

The volume knob - I can't stand the standby bit facing a different way than the way it should be - upside down drives me mental (my mummy did say I am a special child!)
Build quality - not great - a bit squeeky
SOmetimes it feels a bit to firm (suspension wise) - should have got DCC or whatever its called for the different settings of suspension

I’m going to look at that at lunch, had not noticed but now is probably going to annoy me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, IrishR32 said:

For me its the flat area of the bumper at the tailgate. Water just pools there and leaves dirty marks, doesn't help my my R is white.

This for me too, having addressed the initial crap throttle delay (pedal box) and the puny oem paddles (S2Ts fitted).  Golfs have long suffered the dreaded ledge ‘muck magnet’ but the mk7 is the worst yet ime.  Just as bad on black. 

The position of the mode button on the left of gearstick (setup for LHD) used to annoy me but as I pretty much leave it set up in Individual, only occasionally swapping a couple of settings, it no longer really does. 

The blind on my pano roof keeps sliding forward (when I drive spiritedly), just enough to let some light through. When i want you open , stay open, when I want you shut, stay shut!

Agree with the boot size , after an  none 4wd golf its tiny. Its also taken me about 18 months to get my head round the turning circle.

A bit more exhaust noise as normal would be good.

Still not gettig rid of it though - this is a keeper!

Overall a brilliant car, however it does have some room for improvement.

the standard Sat Nav is utterly bollox, it routes terribly at times, displays road speeds that have never been present on those roads.

the seat base is not adjustable and this causes it not to be overly comfortable on long trips, previous car you could adjust to support legs.

i have a Hearse but the boot is not power operated, seriously why not.

ditto the rear bumper getting mucky on the Hearse.

the Sat Nav failing to work first time and needing a reboot.

the aircon not having a low mid high fan setting.

standard paddles being too short and not that great to use.

build quality, however it is a standard family car and not premium, so can be expected.

Edit: yes the mode button being setup for lhd cars, grrrr.

the omission of a HUD, again why the hell not?