Luke_M87

What do you dislike about your R?

Here's one that I don't like.... So on my missus' Abarth, being a three door, I think that the doors are mahoosive, but the hinges on her's have three opening points. One a tad difficult to get out, the next perfect to exit the car but nowhere near fully open and finally fully open, but on the Golf there's just two, the first being the difficult to exit one and then the fully open one - which is way too wide and the potential for passengers to open them up and hit something is scary. Hell I even have to warn them in advance, which to them makes me sound a bit obsessive!!!!  Even my daughters have to say to me "I know dad.... watch the doors"

Deffo! I’ve been meaning to raise that point for ages. Not that important as we, the driver, know that but when someone else is driving or it’s a bit windy I really have to be vigilant. I could say it’s for big hefty Germans to get out easily but we are all big and hefty these days thanks to our friend Fructose and the incorrect obsession of low fat high carb diet! Oh I forgot that this is the wrong forum for that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ah! I have one. Sometimes I can’t open the cubby hole behind the gear stick. Spend 30 odd seconds repeatedly  pushing it in the hope it will release. Maybe it’s just mine!

I only have this issue if the Apple cable catches when closing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, R-Estate said:

I only have this issue if the Apple cable catches when closing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s the one in front of the gear stick. The one behind the gear stick slides open on mine.

8 hours ago, JakeR said:

Ah! I have one. Sometimes I can’t open the cubby hole behind the gear stick. Spend 30 odd seconds repeatedly  pushing it in the hope it will release. Maybe it’s just mine!

No, it's not just you Jake...:lol:

5 hours ago, SpursMadDave said:

Wouldn't know I've turned mine off

Windscreen washers off ? !!! or headlight washers off ?

The latter I can understand, but not the windscreen washers, and if it is the windscreen washers please tell me why.

Windscreen washers off ? !!! or headlight washers off ?

The latter I can understand, but not the windscreen washers, and if it is the windscreen washers please tell me why.
Ah thought it said headlight washers I've turned my windscreen washers off auto as I dont need them much...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, SpursMadDave said:

Ah thought it said headlight washers emoji1787.png I've turned my windscreen washers off auto as I dont need them much...

Now you've confused me even more ....  I had no idea that there was an "auto" mode for the windscreen washers, mine have certainly never come on unless I ask then to (by pulling back on the RH steering wheel wand).  Mind you, it hardly ever rains here when I'm driving, so my wipers don't get much of a work-out, let alone the washers.

Now you've confused me even more ....  I had no idea that there was an "auto" mode for the windscreen washers, mine have certainly never come on unless I ask then to (by pulling back on the RH steering wheel wand).  Mind you, it hardly ever rains here when I'm driving, so my wipers don't get much of a work-out, let alone the washers.
Yeah there is definitely an auto setting and the little switch on top determines how sensitive

46 minutes ago, SpursMadDave said:

Yeah there is definitely an auto setting and the little switch on top determines how sensitive

On all 3 of my VAG vehicles that little toggle switch adjusts the sensitivity of the auto wipers (ie how much water there has to be on the sensor near the rearview mirror to trigger a wipe), but that is nothing to do with the windscreen washers.  Are you sure yours has some connection with auto washers (and exactly what is an auto function for the windscreen washers) ?  Can you see why I'm confused ?

I know there are some programmable functions for the headlight and rear 'screen wipers & washers, but I am not aware of anything  "auto-ish" for the washers for the front windscreen.  But I'm happy to be educated if I'm wrong (more and accurate info is always better).

On all 3 of my VAG vehicles that little toggle switch adjusts the sensitivity of the auto wipers (ie how much water there has to be on the sensor near the rearview mirror to trigger a wipe), but that is nothing to do with the windscreen washers.  Are you sure yours has some connection with auto washers (and exactly what is an auto function for the windscreen washers) ?  Can you see why I'm confused ?

I know there are some programmable functions for the headlight and rear 'screen wipers & washers, but I am not aware of anything  "auto-ish" for the washers for the front windscreen.  But I'm happy to be educated if I'm wrong (more and accurate info is always better).
Yeah I mean wipers, been a long day Greg

9 hours ago, SpursMadDave said:

Ah thought it said headlight washers emoji1787.png I've turned my windscreen washers off auto as I dont need them much...

Hahaha. Glad i came back to this after you've clarified that :). The sprayers might as well be turned off to be honest!