Sign in to follow this  
Jack-R

New rear bumper required

So tonight I managed to park my R into my brick gate post.  I’m currently on the look out for a Tornado Red 7R rear bumper. Doesn’t need to have the diffuser or sensors but need to be in very good condition. If anyone has one they could sell or know of any decent breakers 

Now the campers finished thought I ought to get this sorted. So removed the dent today and sorted that then highbuild primer and will flatten tomorrow my base coat paint hasn’t turned up yet otherwise it’d be back on car tomorrow be6210a352dc8087bf418da9e5c0e225.jpg

For anyone wondering the GTI bumper is different, was told by seller only difference was the rear diffuser bought it and went to fit and realised!! So that’s £160 wasted so if anyone wants to buy a mint GTI bumper not for there R haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, Jack-R said:

For anyone wondering the GTI bumper is different, was told by seller only difference was the rear diffuser bought it and went to fit and realised!! So that’s £160 wasted so if anyone wants to buy a mint GTI bumper not for there R haha

Hope you get the R back in tip top condition soon & you're correct the 7 R has a different bumper with the lower rear spat extension however the 7.5 shares the same rear as the Gti/Gtd.

Yeah that’s right, thanks and so do I paint should be here tomorrow but might have to wait till weekend to spray it unless I get off early tomorrow

Yeah I only got into spraying in August when I sprayed my camper. Since then I’ve been using any excuse to spray anything haha. Got a Mac tools conventional gun and a mini too which I’ve been using for wheels and smaller bits

I have worked in Bodyshops for over 20 years, though as a Tech/fitter.

But one thing I have learned about red is that it nearly always should be sprayed over a dark primer, this is from experience after fitting a bodykit  to a red Astra I had....