mardon85

18" Pretoria Reps - Thoughts

I've just got a good deal on a lease bone stock Golf R and I'm not a fan of the standard alloys.

Since the car does not have DCC I though sticking with 18" would give me the best ride. Black Pretoria's would probably hide the missing inch.

What are peoples thoughts and has anyone else done this?

I have considered them in the past as will many people on here.

What persuaded me not to bother is seeing one literally smashed to pieces after hitting a large pothole.

That is why I'm happy to wait for a genuine set of 19" at the right price.

There are probably many people who haven't had issues with them but it's not a risk I would want to take

Hope this helps

Mine came with 19s and no dcc and it feels ok to me, not to hard at all, looks good though

Wow didn't even think of this. Are they not CE marked?

There are some official ones on eBay too at 18" but they cost more.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I’ve seen much more stories of people cracking/buckling genuine Prets than I have of the CM rep ones, infact I haven’t seen any CM rep sets with issues. 

I have 19” reps and they are absolutely fine, hit a few potholes too and they’ve survived for now. 

801FDDB7-E3BE-4D74-8C4B-1269BC61A27E.jpeg

I've found some pictures of black 18" Pretoria's on a white car including spacers. They looked great to me so I'm going to go for it.

Beauty is they'll be easier to repair the the Cadz if there's any incidents before the lease is up. I can take a maintenance package too including tires as the size is the same. I just have to work out if it's for it for £25 a month.

9 hours ago, danburge94 said:

Are there any photos? Particularly if they're black 18" inch with atlantic blue. Be interested to see how they look or if I need to upgrade to 19

I have this exact combo of wheel and colour on my GTI. I'll try and get a pic up.

A while ago now I know...but did you fit your black 18" prets? Looking to see if it would be worth getting them to replace my cadiz
I ended up cancelling my order and getting a used R which came with 19" prets.

Although today I was toying with the idea of 18" reps and winter tiers.

On 06/02/2019 at 21:38, Dunc245 said:

I have this exact combo of wheel and colour on my GTI. I'll try and get a pic up.

Thanks! I've ordered the 18" black prets so hopefully will look ok and won't look too small. Arriving next week

Just my opinion but the 18” Pretoria’s look a bit weird.

Also, copies will neither be as strong or light as originals. I remember weighing my 19” genuine Pretoria’s against standard 18” Cadiz (including tyres) and the Pretoria’s were lighter. In fact they were almost as light as Pro Rave 1.2’s in 18” form.