Alloy Wheel thread , show me what you've got !!

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can I play?    OZ Ultraleggera HLT   Tyres are 235/35/R19. Wheels 19 x 8.5J not sure about ET. I'll find out. Will be putting 255/30/R19 tyres on the front soon. The car is on Bils

coming up soon..         

New thread for members to easily find photos and sizes of aftermarket alloys , please quote  the sizes and also any suspension mods  or spacers that you may have done  Thanks  Daz  

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Bodyboarder81 said:

I’m guessing they fit with out spacers then ? 

look really good . Such a good quality wheel for the money and reasonably light . 

Yup

Thankfully no spacers required or they would have been up for sale. 😀

Just need to source some tyres and then I can put my Neuspeeds Rse10's up for sale.

Brilliant thread for inspiration. I'm really not loving the 18" Cadiz currently on my newly-acquired car.

I'm still struggling with what to put on a Deep Black Pearl car - not a fan of the murdered out all black look. I'm also pretty limited to OEM options at this point. Prets or Spielbergs seem to be the only options for an OEM look (and to keep my car fully covered by the 'VW All In' warranty). Prets look sooo good but seem to be a bit of a dice roll for durability. Ugh.

Edited by bneh
1 hour ago, bneh said:

Brilliant thread for inspiration. I'm really not loving the 18" Cadiz currently on my newly-acquired car.

I'm still struggling with what to put on a Deep Black Pearl car - not a fan of the murdered out all black look. I'm also pretty limited to OEM options at this point. Prets or Spielbergs seem to be the only options for an OEM look (and to keep my car fully covered by the 'VW All In' warranty). Prets look sooo good but seem to be a bit of a dice roll for durability. Ugh.

silver CM prets would get my vote … look stunning on a black R . Cheap to buy , better built that the oem ( maybe not paint finish but don’t buckle/ crack !) 

with regards warranty…. The wheels wouldn't be covered anyway . And wouldn’t void your warranty in anyway from my experience 

74A7A1A0-BCA2-428D-82B0-CB56D44CA42E.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Bodyboarder81 said:

silver CM prets would get my vote … look stunning on a black R . Cheap to buy , better built that the oem ( maybe not paint finish but don’t buckle/ crack !) 

with regards warranty…. The wheels wouldn't be covered anyway . And wouldn’t void your warranty in anyway from my experience 

Yeah, from my searches, CM Prets seem to be the recommendation here - good to see! Of some concern is the reports of poor quality products and customer care on Trustpilot though...

Up to this point, I'd not really considered going the rep route because of quality control and weight concerns (OEM Prets are reportedly 9.6kg vs CM Prets 11.5kg).

I guess there are enough of them in the wild that there would be lots of reports of failures if they were bad?

Edited by bneh
1 hour ago, bneh said:

I'll be selling my Neuspeed Rse10's shortly which look great on a DPB car if your'e interested. They'll come with PS4's too.

As soon as I get the new wheels on the car I'll be putting them in the classified's.

Golf R - Side.jpg

3 minutes ago, TheBlondeFella said:

I'll be selling my Neuspeed Rse10's shortly which look great on a DPB car if your'e interested. They'll come with PS4's too.

As soon as I get the new wheels on the car I'll be putting them in the classified's.

Golf R - Side.jpg

how much mate ( mods don’t string me up please 😂

what’s the spec of them ? 

3 minutes ago, TheBlondeFella said:

Looks lovely fella - I don't want to commit to anything just yet but when you're ready, let's have a chat.

27 minutes ago, bneh said:

Yeah, from my searches, CM Prets seem to be the recommendation here - good to see! Of some concern is the reports of poor quality products and customer care on Trustpilot though...

Up to this point, I'd not really considered going the rep route because of quality control and weight concerns (OEM Prets are reportedly 9.6kg vs CM Prets 11.5kg).

I guess there are enough of them in the wild that there would be lots of reports of failures if they were bad?

I’ve had 4 sets of CM wheels and although never the best finish ( slight imperfections in the paint ) you really can’t complain for the money at all . I’ve never had a wheel that’s been bent / out of shape or while driving become cracked etc . But that’s just my experience with CM