New AliExpress paddleshifters

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Purchased these today. £57 instead of racingline’s extortionate £192. Quality is spot on, they’re pretty much exactly the same!

I've just ordered the black ones, £42 delivered Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You remove the oe paddle and use the fixing pin. They fit like the oe ones.

Posted Images

I bought these from Aliexpress for £53 not long ago but one of them was a bad fit and moved & rattled terribly so I ended up having to send them back so I lost £15 on them.

Image result for mk7 golf r paddle extensions

I think I might go for these in silver, they go over the existing paddle but im not too bothered about that, im not a fan of the VWR ones and I cant justify spending the money on S2T.

https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand/leyo-motorsport/pd-billet-paddle-shift-extensions-mk7-golf/

any links please Dave were they the racing line type or the same as you had previously?? Great price 
Previously had the solid type Jon, I've gone for the racing line type this time (in black), for no other reason than just for a change. Forgot to remove them from the old car!

Link - Pair Metal Car Steering Wheel Paddle Extend Shifter Replacement For VW GOLF GTI R GTD GTE MK7 7 for POLO GTI Scirocco 2014-2018
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cbFqtkPm

fa73e4c77f67c1c440861b9d76fb4f18.jpg73fb937a421cb2c0cfa6c6a6f6ba3549.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I bought these from Aliexpress for £53 not long ago but one of them was a bad fit and moved & rattled terribly so I ended up having to send them back so I lost £15 on them.

Metal-Steering-Wheel-Paddle-Extension-Shifter-Replacement-For-VW-GOLF-GTI-R-GTD-GTE-MK7-7.jpg_640x640.jpg

I think I might go for these in silver, they go over the existing paddle but im not too bothered about that, im not a fan of the VWR ones and I cant justify spending the money on S2T.

https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand/leyo-motorsport/pd-billet-paddle-shift-extensions-mk7-golf/
Same ones I got that fitted fine, I got a metal keyfob cover from AlliExpress that didnt fit, got my money back no problem.

I'm hoping this other type will be a good fit

On 26/10/2018 at 11:56, SpursMadDave said:

Previously had the solid type Jon, I've gone for the racing line type this time (in black), for no other reason than just for a change. Forgot to remove them from the old car!

Link - Pair Metal Car Steering Wheel Paddle Extend Shifter Replacement For VW GOLF GTI R GTD GTE MK7 7 for POLO GTI Scirocco 2014-2018
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cbFqtkPm

fa73e4c77f67c1c440861b9d76fb4f18.jpg73fb937a421cb2c0cfa6c6a6f6ba3549.jpg

Thanks Dave these look awesome 😎👍

Could anyone give me good feedback / opinions on Aliexpress, I'm looking at a few things to purchase that others have on the forum like the Paddles, but I am very skeptical of using a site like that. 

This might just be me overlooking it, but from all the threads I've seen they look a 100% legit website

So I bought a set of the racingline look-a-like ones from Amazon, I expect they're the same ones as on Aliexpress. They look great but I had problems with fitment - the locating square hole thing opposite the pin hinge wasn't deep enough, so when I first tried to put them on the hoops the pin goes though didn't line up! I was pretty surprised as I haven't read a bad thing about them on here or on the Facebook group. 

Rather than worry about trying to return something to China I thought I would have a go and try and fix them myself. I ended up drilling out the locating hole so it sits properly over the two small prongs you sit them on. This seems to have worked and they're on the car now looking good and changing gear fine. It's not ideal though and I do feel a bit gutted!

So I bought a set of the racingline look-a-like ones from Amazon, I expect they're the same ones as on Aliexpress. They look great but I had problems with fitment - the locating square hole thing opposite the pin hinge wasn't deep enough, so when I first tried to put them on the hoops the pin goes though didn't line up! I was pretty surprised as I haven't read a bad thing about them on here or on the Facebook group. 

Rather than worry about trying to return something to China I thought I would have a go and try and fix them myself. I ended up drilling out the locating hole so it sits properly over the two small prongs you sit them on. This seems to have worked and they're on the car now looking good and changing gear fine. It's not ideal though and I do feel a bit gutted!
Must be that style as someone else had issues fitting, the more solid ones seem to be a better fit, at least the ones I got were perfect, hoping the new ones I have ordered are just as good

Could anyone give me good feedback / opinions on Aliexpress, I'm looking at a few things to purchase that others have on the forum like the Paddles, but I am very skeptical of using a site like that. 

This might just be me overlooking it, but from all the threads I've seen they look a 100% legit website

I have had a couple of things that have not fitted but I have got a full refund straight away, so far not had any issues with extra taxes etc but all my purchases have been You can get real bargains, for example I got a leather keyfob from there identical to one on Amazon that was £20, it was £5
If you are not in a rush then things like usb cables, led bulbs etc are literally pennies

I bought a few things from aliexpress, including the carart (VWR replica) paddle shifters.  Be aware that you aren't buying direct from aliexpress, but from various companies that list their products on aliexpress.  That said, I've bought at least 1/2 dozen times from aliexpress with zero problems (but despatch & shipping is often quite slow).

I bought a few things from aliexpress, including the carart (VWR replica) paddle shifters.  Be aware that you aren't buying direct from aliexpress, but from various companies that list their products on aliexpress.  That said, I've bought at least 1/2 dozen times from aliexpress with zero problems (but despatch & shipping is often quite slow).
Shipping is a bit of a lottery I agree, most is within a week or 2 but sometimes much slower